Limiting the guests for the wedding breakfast

People don't have to be 'invited' to the church, anyone can just turn up. It doesn't matter if they don't even know you. As far as I know you can't stop them coming in. I know this is probably not what you meant. What I'm trying to say is I would have thought guests would know they can see the church ceremony even if they are only invited to the night 'do'.

We had a late wedding so only needed one meal. This solved the problem of having to have two meals. We got married at 5pm but in hindsight this was a bit late. If you get married at 4pm you will sit down at the right time for an evening meal and straight into the disco (or whatever you decide to have) after the meal has been finished. I told some friends they were welcome to come after the meal but there wouldn't be any evening buffet. I told them I wouldn't be offended if they didn't want to come but some of my friends travelled over an hour by car just to join us for the evening.

I know this solution would not suit everyone but it worked for us. Just though I would mention it.

People don't have to be 'invited' to the church, anyone can just turn up. It doesn't matter if they don't even know you. As far as I know you can't stop them coming in. I know this is probably not what you meant. What I'm trying to say is I would have thought guests would know they can see the church ceremony even if they are only invited to the night 'do'.
The majority of people these days are not familiar with church protocols, so when planning a wedding it's best to lay everything on the table instead of leaving room for people to assume they're not allowed to be at the most important bit :thumbsup:

The majority of people these days are not familiar with church protocols, so when planning a wedding it's best to lay everything on the table instead of leaving room for people to assume they're not allowed to be at the most important bit :thumbsup:

I concur - it can actually be reallystressful being a wedding guest if you aren't given enough information.

I think offering the time and location of the ceremony, and a suggestion they are welcome to join you for that, and then an invite for the night to is absolutely fine.

Its the bit I'm finding hardest - the ceremony is surely the most important bit, but has least people at it because of the financial restrictions of feeding people.

I accept that there are a range of ways around that, but not that really suit our venue or day...

But most of all, do what you want, and tell your guests how its going to be!!

We didn't do this. Part of the deal we got was for 30 people to the wedding breakfast there is actually 80 so we have had to pay for the extras. We have just invited people who are coming to the meal to the ceremony and others all invited to the buffet in the evening. I get married very soo nand im so excited!!

Archived