Widely accepted theories ideas that you disagree with.

Is there anything out there that is widely accepted which you personally disbelieve?

Maybe it's the big bang theory or the theory of evolution for example.

Personally for me it's anti matter. I am not sold on the idea of anti matter, no matter how much I read up on it or watch videos. I just can not come to terms with it.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1109.4897

The OPERA neutrino experiment at the underground Gran Sasso Laboratory has measured the velocity of neutrinos from the CERN CNGS beam over a baseline of about 730 km with much higher accuracy than previous studies conducted with accelerator neutrinos. The measurement is based on high-statistics data taken by OPERA in the years 2009, 2010 and 2011. Dedicated upgrades of the CNGS timing system and of the OPERA detector, as well as a high precision geodesy campaign for the measurement of the neutrino baseline, allowed reaching comparable systematic and statistical accuracies. An early arrival time of CNGS muon neutrinos with respect to the one computed assuming the speed of light in vacuum of (60.7 \pm 6.9 (stat.) \pm 7.4 (sys.)) ns was measured. This anomaly corresponds to a relative difference of the muon neutrino velocity with respect to the speed of light (v-c)/c = (2.48 \pm 0.28 (stat.) \pm 0.30 (sys.)) \times 10-5.

I've been arguing that Einstein was a bit of a moron with his daft theory about the speed of light being constant for ages.

Looks like I'm finally to be proven right.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1109.4897

I've been arguing that Einstein was a bit of a moron with his daft theory about the speed of light being constant for ages.

Looks like I'm finally to be proven right.

I'm with you on that one. I've though similar for a long while now. I wish I had put something down in writing, as now I just look like I'm just saying it. :(

Archived