Anyone recommend a renualt clio ?

I've got a '51 Clio and it's reasonably cheap to run and maintain, although a few things with the electrics have broken (most have been quick self-fixes). If you can get a good price for it then I'd recommend it. I'm quite tall and find the driving position a bit scrunched up, so make you take it for a decent test drive if you're going to be doing long trips.

My first car was a 98 reg clio with 132k miles on the clock, used to hammer the balls off and spin the wheels constantly seeing as it was my first car :cool:, sold it over 2 years ago and i still see it driving round, it's on 160k now i never had any problems with that apart from the sunroof as mentioned and neither has the new owner. i've also had another clio which was a 57 plate and the only fault i could give that was the fuel tank sender had a mind of its own sometimes. the starter motors can be a bit poo on them too so make sure you start and switch the car off a few times before you buy it, i've got a renault 5 gt turbo at the mo and can't report any problems with that either and it gets used daily. as for the insurance if you're like under 20 it's still going to be touching a grand third party or fully comp.

thank you everyone who has commented ill take ya advice on board and i think am i in two minds to buy one now , they don't seem very good cars at all think i may not get one and stick to getting a trusty old corsa haha :)

It really depends on your luck if there is such a thing, i've heard lots of people calling them bad etc but i've had 2 and my friend had 1 for his first car and we had no problems that effected them drive wise, my friends who have had corsas have either crashed them or blew the engine to pieces, also the timing chains on corsas can sound like a bag of nails it's your choice though, stay away from corsa c's, there just deathtraps had one of them before i passed my test and got rid of it the week before i passed. the corsa b's on the other hand are alright but they handle like poo just like the c's but no where near as bad, not that clios are hot stuff cuz they're both shopping cars at the end of the day but i personally would go with renault over vauxhall anyday, but that's my personal preference so.. just get what YOU want

cheers for the advice , most of my mates have corsa c but everyone one has one but i would like to be different and buy a corsa b but usually they are easy to get in to cause just bend the door back cuz its happen to my friend before but i might just have a corsa b sxi

cheers for the advice , most of my mates have corsa c but everyone one has one but i would like to be different and buy a corsa b but usually they are easy to get in to cause just bend the door back cuz its happen to my friend before but i might just have a corsa b sxi

Rig up a battery cut off switch in the dash if you're worried about it being broken into mate, don't know what to suggest about the door being bent back though, keep a hammer by your bed or something

Archived