Would someone please tell the BBC what happens on "Strictly" isn't News?

Its a sad reflection modern day Britain that there are so many numpties who watch trash like this and all the other reality garbage on TV like X-Factor, Big Brother ,etc.

I don't know why its called reality TV. It dominated by publicity seekers who will do anything to try to stand out. They are as as isolated from the real world as folks who sit around all day playing with the Wiis and X boxes.

I think you have totally missed the point. News is by definition something new. So a sporting event or someone winning an Oscar is news. Something in a soap opera that you could read about a week before in the Radio Times isn't.

Radio Times won't give away what is going to happen in next week's, or next month's Coronation Street. The Daily Star might though.

this is what is known, at least for the Daily Star, as a 'scoop'.

of course it's news - for somebody. It's just not the kind of news that you, or for that matter I, want to read about.

I'm not interested in this sort of thing any more than you are, and yet I manage never to read about it at all. There's all sorts of other headlines about stuff I'm not interested in I read and ignore as well. Why is it that you don't?

Why do the BBC think that what happens in TV programs is News?

I do not understand why we need to announce what happens in an episode of Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing or the Apprentice on the main news.

When I watch the news I want news not a load of fluff about non events. Pretty soon the plane that crashes onto a football stadium will be consigned to other news whilst the headlines are all about TV programs.

this one of my pet hates i'm glad that i'm not the only one that screams at the radio when this happens rant over with

Ah yes RT news.

The choice media source of the conspiracy theorists, trolls and general gobs*ites.

Yes that totally independant, impartial and reliable 100% russian state owned media source.

"news from a russian point of view"

....and you call the BBC spoon fed propaganda.

ha ha. kettle? pot?

Ah yes RT news.

The choice media source of the conspiracy theorists, trolls and general gobs*ites.

Yes that totally independant, impartial and reliable 100% russian state owned media source.

"news from a russian point of view"

....and you call the BBC spoon fed propaganda.

ha ha. kettle? pot?

How about watching both and, ermm, I dunno....

MAKING UP YOUR OWN MIND?

(Assuming that you have one left to make up that is.)

You'll definitely find news stories on RT that you won't see mentioned much on the BBC TV news (the UK torture inquiry). You could then investigate them further on the internet.

My main complain with the BBC news is its superficiality. It has as much depth as a kiddies wading pool in a drought.

Or you may be genuinely happy with getting your news in this way.

How about watching both and, ermm, I dunno....

MAKING UP YOUR OWN MIND?

(Assuming that you have one left to make up that is.)

You'll definitely find news stories on RT that you won't see mentioned much on the BBC TV news (the UK torture inquiry). You could then investigate them further on the internet.

My main complain with the BBC news is its superficiality. It has as much depth as a kiddies wading pool in a drought.

Or you may be genuinely happy with getting your news in this way.

Yes, good advice, watch both.

Archived