Are the far-right in Britain past their sell-by date?

Hi

Could it be that on the whole the people in the uk are lot more sensible/educated???

Sensible I would go with (apart from the Monarchy and X-Factor) but as far as educated is concerned we are slipping behind in Europe and in some subjects we are below countries like Poland and Estonia. :o

John X

Exactly. Why some people feel the need to dedicate themselves to their petty little campaigns against a non-entity like the BNP or EDL is beyond me.

With you on that. There are other right-wing forces that need a more careful eye keeping on them.

Sensible I would go with (apart from the Monarchy and X-Factor) but as far as educated is concerned we are slipping behind in Europe and in some subjects we are below countries like Poland and Estonia. :o

John X

Hi JX

Our apologies for not making selves clear re the "educated" comments

We should have expaned, ie educated in the sense, people from certain other countries make the place go around, ie work, run shops and on the whole do jobs that others find below their station.

Exactly. Why some people feel the need to dedicate themselves to their petty little campaigns against a non-entity like the BNP or EDL is beyond me.

There are so many other, more constructive, hobbies available than devoting your life to hating a small bunch of idiots.

If only there had been people in 1930s Germany who had dedicated themselves to petty campaigns against the far right we may not have had WWII and The Holocaust.

If only there had been people in 1930s Germany who had dedicated themselves to petty campaigns against the far right we may not have had WWII and The Holocaust.

There were. Unfortunately they were so passionate about promoting the equal evil of communism they held no appeal for the average chap in the street, so were a key part of allowing WW2 and the Holocaust.

Extremist <removed> of either the left or right are no use to anyone.

Unfortunately they were so passionate about promoting the equal evil of communism they held no appeal for the average chap in the street, so were a key part of allowing WW2 and the Holocaust.

They also played a major role in the various resistance movements in Europe so it can be said they also played a part in bringing WWII to an end.

John X

Chuck 'em into the pot then.

All contributions welcome! :)

John X

I think all the major political parties are capable of having their moments.

Starting with Labour they enabled mass migration of low paid workers. This suppressed wages for British workers and helped maintain corporate profits. That looks right-wing to me.

Archived