Would you marry a smoker?

I am actually a man . I further believe that if my thread motivates just a handful of smokers to take a good long hard look at themselves and motivates them to try and kick the habit then it has been very worthwhile.

I shall ignore your other comments and not get dragged down to your level of personal insults. I shall retain my dignity.

I stopped smoking two years ago by the way. I did it cold turkey but just made my mind up to stop. Giving up smoking is easy if you make your mind up. I did read the book too however.

You can't seriously expect me to believe a word of this can you?

Why did you post the thread, honestly?

I think all smokers should stop buying cigarettes or tobacco, for as long as possible.

Everyone, in the entire country.

We'll soon see the governments reaction to smoking change.

The amount of tax put on cigarettes in this country is appalling. Smokers virtually fund the NHS. They definitely pay enough tax to pay for any treatment that they might need if they become sick.

The whole in funding would be immense if the none smoking campaigners got what they wanted.

Their breath smells,

Their hair smells,

Their clothes smell,

They have brown fingers,

They have brown teeth,

They cough phlegm up every morning,

They get agitated when they cannot feed their disgusting habit,

They are unfit, Their eyes are bloodshot,

They spend a fortune on their dirty habit,

Other than that they are ok.

Would you marry a coffee drinker?:gag:

Fixed it :D

Non smoker, avid coffee drinker.

I think all smokers should stop buying cigarettes or tobacco, for as long as possible.

Everyone, in the entire country.

We'll soon see the governments reaction to smoking change.

The amount of tax put on cigarettes in this country is appalling. Smokers virtually fund the NHS. They definitely pay enough tax to pay for any treatment that they might need if they become sick.

The whole in funding would be immense if the none smoking campaigners got what they wanted.

What a blinkered view. The NHS would be better off, and wouldn't require as much money to run it.

What?!? If he wants to spout ********, why can't I? :D

£1.7 to £2.5 billion is spent by the National Health Service treating diseases caused by smoking a year.

The state also pays sickness/invalidity benefits, widow's pensions and other benefits for dependents

Every day an average of 9,500 beds are occupied by people suffering from smoking related diseases.

Every year 285,000 people are admitted to NHS hospitals to be treated for diseases related to smoking.

British industry loses at least 50 million working days every year from smoking related sick leave.

Plus of course just coz people smoke does not mean to say they will not need treatment for other illnesses.

So the answer is a big no. The benefits of people stopping would far outweigh income from tax

What a blinkered view. The NHS would be better off, and wouldn't require as much money to run it.

What?!? If he wants to spout ********, why can't I? :D

Approx £2billion is spent on treatment bills for smoking related illnesses

Approx £10billion is gained through tobacco tax!

But almost £25billion is spent on treating alcohol related illness and accidents by the nhs every year!

Approx £2billion is spent on treatment bills for smoking related illnesses

Approx £10billion is gained through tobacco tax!

But almost £25billion is spent on treating alcohol related illness and accidents by the nhs every year!

Most alcoholics smoke.:)

Archived