Have You Ever Hit a Woman??

Only in a controlled environment, back when I used to do Karate training twice a week.

So, if you were attacked on the street or a member of your family was attacked and there was a danger of you or your family were to be seriously injured/killed, you would just lie there and take it??? Don't give us the that you would try ans restrain as when one of these drunks/druggies bullies fight, even two good strong blokes find it diff to control, fact

Fact, we don't hold any kind of unarmed cobact belt, but we have good training in self defence and break way.

Women have fought for equality, and now they have it. In any circumstance (and there aren't many) where it is justifiable and reasonable to thump a man, it is equally justifiable and reasonable to thump a woman.

Anyone who thinks that thumping anybody is ever a good thing should be viewed with extreme suspicion. Violence is sometimes a necessary evil, but it's never a good thing.

Women have fought for equality, and now they have it. In any circumstance (and there aren't many) where it is justifiable and reasonable to thump a man, it is equally justifiable and reasonable to thump a woman.

Anyone who thinks that thumping anybody is ever a good thing should be viewed with extreme suspicion. Violence is sometimes a necessary evil, but it's never a good thing.

It's never a good idea for one person to hit another. It is even less of a good idea when it's unequal. Men are invariably stronger than women. So to say it's sometimes justifiable and reasonable to hit a woman is rubbish. It's a bit like saying it's ok for an adult to hit a child. It's not a level playing field.

Having been on the receiving end of a violent man I often wished I'd had the physical ability to wallop him one back.

Anyone who resorts to violence is a numpty. A prize, ignorant, neanderthal numpty.

Anyone who resorts to violence is a numpty.

I've done in order to prevent someone else from stabbing an innocent. I don't consider that a numptyish act.

I admit I'd struggle to come up with any other scenario where I could justify using violence. But if the person holding that knife had been female instead of male it wouldn't have made one iota of difference to my behaviour.

I've done in order to prevent someone else from stabbing an innocent. I don't consider that a numptyish act.

I admit I'd struggle to come up with any other scenario where I could justify using violence. But if the person holding that knife had been female instead of male it wouldn't have made one iota of difference to my behaviour.

I agree.

But the thread is about hitting a woman. You didn't mention knives in your post.

If someone came at me with knife I wouldn't stop to consider if it were man woman or beast.

But fist fighting is pathetic.

Archived