DHSS The New Form.

Any one on here who are (on the sick) got the NEW form which you have to fill in to see what work you CAN do. Apparently after filling in the form and returning it, you may be called up for a medical inspection, obviously to find out if you are swinging the lead. It seems many are throwing in the towel before they are called before the medical board. The whole situation seems very scary to me.

Regards

Angel.

Hi

A friend of the family who works in that field showed us one of these forms, and damn good they are too. The forum won't catch all out but should remove many who are just lazy. Looked scary but then we looked at it carefully and if one is genuinely unable to work, not a problem.

Thanks

:)

Its the new way of helping to find out who is really ill and who are the fraudsters...

Now if I was Rich I could go off on a standard 'Daily Fail' rant. But I'm not, for which I'm truly grateful.

What's happened is that, in 2008 the DWP replaced Incapacity Benefit and Income Support for new claimants with Employment & Support Allowance (sounds much nicer, doesn't it...?)

I had experience of this as I was on JSA at the time and, following a major operation told the JC staff that, as I'd been advised to rest up for 3 months and would not be 'actively seeking work' what happens next?

What happened next was that I was hurridley put onto E & SA (doesn't count on the unemployment figures, see? Another box ticked. Job done.)

The full process is outlined here, but basically you're sent a multi-page questionnaire which is utterly laughable. You have to answer 'correctly' to get enough points to continue receiving E & SA. To get enough points, you'd probably have to be dead.

I was hauled in to see a 'healthcare professional' (i.e. not a doctor, employed by Paris-based Atos and on a bonus for each claimant they turn down). Obviously, as I'm still here, I 'failed' the assessment.

Lots on t'internet about this scam. Try this one. And good luck.

Now if I was Rich I could go off on a standard 'Daily Fail' rant. But I'm not, for which I'm truly grateful.

What's happened is that, in 2008 the DWP replaced Incapacity Benefit and Income Support for new claimants with Employment & Support Allowance (sounds much nicer, doesn't it...?)

I had experience of this as I was on JSA at the time and, following a major operation told the JC staff that, as I'd been advised to rest up for 3 months and would not be 'actively seeking work' what happens next?

What happened next was that I was hurridley put onto E & SA (doesn't count on the unemployment figures, see? Another box ticked. Job done.)

The full process is outlined here, but basically you're sent a multi-page questionnaire which is utterly laughable. You have to answer 'correctly' to get enough points to continue receiving E & SA. To get enough points, you'd probably have to be dead.

I was hauled in to see a 'healthcare professional' (i.e. not a doctor, employed by Paris-based Atos and on a bonus for each claimant they turn down). Obviously, as I'm still here, I 'failed' the assessment.

Lots on t'internet about this scam. Try this one. And good luck.

Aye, thanks for that, very informative.

Best Regards

Angel.

It has, for a great many years, been the case that a person claiming incapacity benefit would get a form sent out for self-assessment, and could be called in for a medical examination depending on how the form's information was interpreted by the authorities.

I really don't understand why people proposed this "new scheme," or why other people complained about it. It's exactly the same as the old scheme from what I can tell.

Archived