Chesterfield Lantern Parade?

Miss_S_83

Hi all

Has anyone with kids ever been to this? It's on on 29th Oct and my daughters school have sent letters home about it. Apparantly they make lanterns at school and 1 adult can go with them free, judging by what I found on the net extra adults are £4-£5. Just wondered what it involved and if it's worth it as we didn't go last year.

Thanks x

Hi

I haven't taken part in the Lantern Parade as such but seen it for the last 2 years - it tends to be part of the Garden of Light show they hold in Queens Park, the kids and parents parade through Chesterfield town and end in Queens Park where there are food stalls, shows, light displays and a fair. It's pretty well managed and a good atmosphere.

Hope that helps

Hi

I haven't taken part in the Lantern Parade as such but seen it for the last 2 years - it tends to be part of the Garden of Light show they hold in Queens Park, the kids and parents parade through Chesterfield town and end in Queens Park where there are food stalls, shows, light displays and a fair. It's pretty well managed and a good atmosphere.

Hope that helps

Is it a Pagan ritual? Is there any letting of blood or naked dancing? I do hope not. I understand this happens in some parts of Derbyshire though?

Archived