Cameron encourages racism

I suspect (think) the government are using the term (suspect) in order to refrain from using the word (know). If you know of someone doing something illegal and don't report then in effect you are as guilty as the person to whom you know to be acting illegally. "Suspect" lets you off the hook.

Is there a legal requirement to report any crime you know about?

Is there a legal requirement to report any crime you know about?

There is a specific offence of misprison of treason, and also of failing to report a terrorist offence although I think you have to know an offence is being/going to be committed - mere suspicion isn't sufficient.

We haven't yet got to the Stasi levels of being required to report all suspicions of offences thankfully.

To most people an immigrant is someone not white, he may not be saying black people but people of ethnic origin will come under suspicion, this is the point mecky is trying to get accross.

Mecky doesnt care about that point - his point is abundantly clear from the start where he starts his diatribe with "VAT man"

There is a specific offence of misprison of treason, and also of failing to report a terrorist offence although I think you have to know an offence is being/going to be committed - mere suspicion isn't sufficient.

We haven't yet got to the Stasi levels of being required to report all suspicions of offences thankfully.

Agree, but "suspicion" doesn't require anything other than "he/she walks in a funny way"...or an officer stopping a Black guy in an expensive car for no other reason than he's Black.

Archived