Cameron encourages racism

Can't see the problem really, no different to reporting suspected benefit cheats.

You suspect something, you ring in and report it, it gets investigated.

Ah, but this involves reporting suspected foreign people who shouldn't be here. It's clearly racism.

"Public urged to report suspected illegal immigrants"

How do you know that the people who will be doing the reporting are always going to be white?

That's a racist assumption.

You're assuming that all illegal immigrants are none white/Anglo Saxon.

That's a racist assumption.

Who is going to arrest these illegals anyway? The UKBA is massively understaffed and underfunded as it is and this is even without the 30% staffing cuts which are just around the corner.

So they should just give up trying to do their job, is that it?

No I'm not denying that you should give your brain a chance, you might find that it helps you.

I work in immigration as everyone knows.

I never said reporting illegal immigrants was racist, but I suspect it will encourage people to report black people/asians regardless of their nationality and immigration status. Do you think the public would report a white Australian or American if they thought they were illegal immigrants?

Well I did not know you worked in immigration!............but now I understand why it's in such a state!

Well done VAT Man, you've just rubberstamped something we've all suspected we've all suspected

"Public urged to report suspected illegal immigrants"

Just how are the public going to know who is an illegal immigrant, do people expected them to wear bades saying, "I'm an illegal immigrant"? It is going to encourage victimisation and racism, no question, and will no doubt waste everyones' time.

Then there is the cost of deporting people which is around £6,000 per person, something the country can ill afford. Who is going to arrest these illegals anyway? The UKBA is massively understaffed and underfunded as it is and this is even without the 30% staffing cuts which are just around the corner.

BTW overstaying the visa expiry date does not mean someone is an illegal immigrant. People can't be refused a visa for overstaying their previous visa because there's nothing in the immigration rules permitting it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/10/david-cameron-immigration-crackdown

Lots of newspapers saying these are good moves but are they pandering to what they suspect is public opinion? Cameron has also been accused of trying to draw attention from more important issues with his immigration speech, which is highly likely. There are some good points in the speech and some bad ones, implementing the policies are a different matter though.

one million illegal immigrants, something has to be done.

one million illegal immigrants, something has to be done.

How do you know there are one million illegal immigrants? Nobody knows what the figure is, how many people actually know what an illegal immigrant actually is for that matter?

How do you know there are one million illegal immigrants? Nobody knows what the figure is, how many people actually know what an illegal immigrant actually is for that matter?

The numbers dont matter.

Illegal is illegal no matter how many there are.

And you actually work in immigration!!!!................unbelievable!!!

Archived