Cameron encourages racism

I've never considered myself to be rascist but lately I have to admit to having feelings of resentment as I watch the country welcome people that it would seem we really cannot accomodate. Is that rascism?

No but it is racism :D

Nothing.

we need to create a bounty hunter force to root out these illegals, and kick them out. 1 million youth unemployed, 1 million illegals. It needs sorting now.

How many of those unemployed turn their noses up at the jobs that are available?

• 1 month later...
"Public urged to report suspected illegal immigrants"

How is this racist?

Are you saying that all illegal immigrants are black or Asian?

Now that's racist.

Are you suggesting that illegal immigrants should escape the attentions of the law for fear of being somehow "racist".

That is moral cowardice.

Well done VAT Man, you've just rubberstamped something we've all suspected we've all suspected

"Public urged to report suspected illegal immigrants"

Just how are the public going to know who is an illegal immigrant, do people expected them to wear bades saying, "I'm an illegal immigrant"? It is going to encourage victimisation and racism, no question, and will no doubt waste everyones' time.

Then there is the cost of deporting people which is around £6,000 per person, something the country can ill afford. Who is going to arrest these illegals anyway? The UKBA is massively understaffed and underfunded as it is and this is even without the 30% staffing cuts which are just around the corner.

BTW overstaying the visa expiry date does not mean someone is an illegal immigrant. People can't be refused a visa for overstaying their previous visa because there's nothing in the immigration rules permitting it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/10/david-cameron-immigration-crackdown

Lots of newspapers saying these are good moves but are they pandering to what they suspect is public opinion? Cameron has also been accused of trying to draw attention from more important issues with his immigration speech, which is highly likely. There are some good points in the speech and some bad ones, implementing the policies are a different matter though.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make Mecky, but you've managed to provide a number of really strong arguments in favour of a 'registration card' policy.

To get into the UK you have to get there. If you really think that 22 miles of water present a significant barrier, think on.

I'll use Belgium and Germany as two EU examples (because they are the two EU member stated in which I've lived for the past 11 years. Remember, there are no borders.

When I arrived in Belgium, I was obliged to obtain a State Identity card. My wife was a diplomat and was exempt - I, too could have claimed exemption, but I chose not to. (I made myself liable to 'intervention' under Belgian law [though I could always claim diplomatic immunity] and it works both ways.

While we were in Belgium, I was treated as 'minor royalty.' (There were reasons, but that's another story.)

We moved to Germany. I like living in Germany. Not just because the trains run on time (which they do) but rather because of the attitude of the people in the regions in which I lived to life.

Life is hard. (It's hard everywhere.)

In Germany (Baden-Würrtemberg and Bavaria - the states in which I've lived for the last 7 years life is hard. People are upset because they are spending a huge percentage of what they earn to bail out William Ankers in other states.

I've never heard anybody (where I live) in Germany saying: "Oh, but he earns more than I earn. The world owes me a living. It doesn't matter whether I work or not, somebody should give me some money."

I read posts to that effect every time I log on to this forum.

Why is it that people in the rest of the world are expected to make their own way in life but somebody owes the Brits a living?

Archived