Food at the Harley, Glossop Road

harleysdiner

The problem with sites like Trip Adviser is that they attract people who have had a negative experience of a place. If someone has a negative experience, the first thing they want to do if feel a sense of revenge and justice for their experience and so vent it in a public way such as a review site (fair enough - I would). However, when you genuinely enjoy something you just take it as par for the course and keep it to yourself. I've certainly seen a lot more positive reviews of Harley's burgers on here than negative ones.

A burger can be gourmet as much as a steak can be gourmet - it's just the negative connotation attached to burgers as a fast food item. Anyone who has ever had a GBK will understand how 'gourmet' a burger can be.

However, harleysdiner, please, please never use the term 'a sneeze of toppings' again or I shall be forced to report you! :)

The problem with sites like Trip Adviser is that they attract people who have had a negative experience of a place. If someone has a negative experience, the first thing they want to do if feel a sense of revenge and justice for their experience and so vent it in a public way such as a review site (fair enough - I would). However, when you genuinely enjoy something you just take it as par for the course and keep it to yourself. I've certainly seen a lot more positive reviews of Harley's burgers on here than negative ones.

A burger can be gourmet as much as a steak can be gourmet - it's just the negative connotation attached to burgers as a fast food item. Anyone who has ever had a GBK will understand how 'gourmet' a burger can be.

However, harleysdiner, please, please never use the term 'a sneeze of toppings' again or I shall be forced to report you! :)

I just hope the kitchen is not in the same state as the rooms pictured on Tripadviser.:gag:

Yes, there may be the odd negative poster on tripadvisor who just wants a whinge, but of the 26 reviews of the Harley on there (the whole place, not just the food), the ratings were;

Excellent 1 Very good 3 Average 3 Poor 4 Terrible 15.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186364-d561324-Reviews-Harley_Hotel-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

If I were in that area wanting decent pub food, I'd head for the University Arms, where they also do decent beer, unlike the Harley!

I agree that it may seem as though people are being outwardly negative sometimes, but when the reviews of a place are not bad, but awful it would pose the question of why is the establishment gushing about how brilliant everything is when they clearly have big issues such as hygiene and quality control that need addressing first!!! Brill looking building though!

Yes, there may be the odd negative poster on tripadvisor who just wants a whinge, but of the 26 reviews of the Harley on there (the whole place, not just the food), the ratings were;

Excellent 1 Very good 3 Average 3 Poor 4 Terrible 15.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186364-d561324-Reviews-Harley_Hotel-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

If I were in that area wanting decent pub food, I'd head for the University Arms, where they also do decent beer, unlike the Harley!

There is only one comment about the food though. Yes that sounds like a really bad experience, but did they complain to the people who work there? No they chose to go on a website, without giving the place a chance to rectify it.

I have eaten there about ten times in the last 3 months and every time the food has been really good.

I find it funny that no one who has commented on this thread has actually tried the food.....

It seems to me you are actually begging people to come and eat your burgers. Is trade really that bad?

How many posts have you put on here now advertising your burgers? You are doing a grand job of it I have to say - I think your profile is now higher than McDonald's in this area.

It seems to me you are actually begging people to come and eat your burgers. Is trade really that bad?

How many posts have you put on here now advertising your burgers? You are doing a grand job of it I have to say - I think your profile is now higher than McDonald's in this area.

The Harley is close to both Sheffield University and about 4 hospitals, seems pretty logical to me.

Archived