What about the mods and rockers. Not 60`s but 70`s

pedro1

I can remember the wars between the mods and rockers in the 50`s/60`s, but can anyone remember having any trouble in th late 70`s , early eighties? I was once walking through the "hole in the road" in my leathers and some mates of mine were on a bus going around the hole. They told me later that i had a bunch of mods following me. If i`d known i`d have crapped myself :|

• 3 weeks later...

We used to meet up on a Saturday dinner time on the galleries near the Castle Market, then go for a mod march through town. Every week more people turned up then one day the police rounded us all up and took us to west bar.

We were detained at the top of the building in some sort of hall with a stage at the front. There must have been a couple of hundred of us.

I was forteen at the time {1979) and my old man had to come out of the pub and come to town on the bus to get me out. He wernt pleased especially when he saw the fags that the police had taken off me earlier in the day.

The was the longest bus ride home ever :mad:

Originally posted by blue11265

We used to meet up on a Saturday dinner time on the galleries near the Castle Market, then go for a mod march through town. Every week more people turned up then one day the police rounded us all up and took us to west bar.

We were detained at the top of the building in some sort of hall with a stage at the front. There must have been a couple of hundred of us.

I was forteen at the time {1979) and my old man had to come out of the pub and come to town on the bus to get me out. He wernt pleased especially when he saw the fags that the police had taken off me earlier in the day.

The was the longest bus ride home ever :mad:

It was probably you lot that followed me through the hole in the road. Although i think i`d have known if there were loads of you.

• 3 years later...

not a mod nor a rocker had both had to increase as family grew but one of my laughs was walking down the sea front all dressed in my biker leathers & pushing the pushchair with two when hearing a clump clump & looking behind was about 200 rockers, mr cool I just let them drift around all going well untill some women in the crowd said look they're bring they kids to the dust ups(1961-2):D:D:D

Archived