Old fireplace anyone know what its worth?

hi,i have an old firplace and want to sell it but not sure what its worth it may be worth nothing but i just dont know.i think it is a cast iron one it is cream.all i have to go on is the number on the bottom and the name but cant seem to find anything on the internet about it.it says on the botom redfyre,pat app,no 2335452 and has two 2s wrote on it.does anyone know anything about this?many thanks :)

hi,i have an old firplace and want to sell it but not sure what its worth it may be worth nothing but i just dont know.i think it is a cast iron one it is cream.all i have to go on is the number on the bottom and the name but cant seem to find anything on the internet about it.it says on the botom redfyre,pat app,no 2335452 and has two 2s wrote on it.does anyone know anything about this?many thanks :)

If cast iron it can be restored and may have a value exceeding £200,but you need to know how to restore and market.The scrap men bang them on ebay!

• 1 month later...

Can we see pics? you'll have to put them on photobucket or flickr or somesuch and post the link

If it were mine, I'd take the offer of shotblasting

have a look at what they're going for refurbed on ebay

what sort of price would the shotblasting be alan?

I used to charge about £15 plus for the cast iron fires being shot blasted and I worked for a company that used to convert them to gas, if anyone is thinking of converting their cast iron fire to gas don't use those fake coals try and find some larva rock and that will retain the heat and gives out a better warmth to the room.

ALAN

Archived