Do women 'let it go' once married?

They may be in some cases but generally probably not. It's generally accepted that men improve with age, but luckily for men, women are not so obsessed with / attracted by physical appearance anyway. A man has to bear the cross that nature made him fickle in this way all through his life.

How many women diet before their wedding day, to fit into that dress and look good for the pics, but can never get back into it again..

You do like a wind up, don't you?

Men do not improve with age. A man with dyed hair, if he has any left that is, looks stupid, whereas women can get away with keeping the grey at bay for years. Also men have a far greater tendancy to weight gain, whereas women tend to, in the main, through pregnancy. As I said, a survey of a room where there are long term couples together almost always reveals a far more attractive woman who has aged better and taken greater care with her appearance than her partner.

Plenty of men do it too. And people say - oh they've let themselves go. But in reality if you've been in a relationship long enough to be that settled then in all likelihood you're going to be getting older, putting on weight and many other things will happen naturally which will move you further from the 'ideal' of how we are supposed to look.

On top of the natural things younger mean and women will think nothing of regularly getting expensive haircuts and highlights, spending an hour getting dressed and doing their make up in the morning and when you're older, especially if you have a family your priorities change and you are more concerned with getting that extra sleep, spending money on your family/home rather than grooming and clothes, getting your kids out smart in the morning rather than tarting yourselves up.

The fact of the matter is that if you get together with someone at 18 they are not going to look the same at 40, 60 or 80.

I think if your relationship breaks up because your partner puts on a bit of weight or stops wearing make up every day and you think that's an okay excuse to cheat then it probably wasn't a decent relationship in the first place.

You do like a wind up, don't you?

Men do not improve with age. A man with dyed hair, if he has any left that is, looks stupid, whereas women can get away with keeping the grey at bay for years. Also men have a far greater tendancy to weight gain, whereas women tend to, in the main, through pregnancy. As I said, a survey of a room where there are long term couples together almost always reveals a far more attractive woman who has aged better and taken greater care with her appearance than her partner.

Suffy, you cant just make ludicrous generalisations like this! Men become refined and distinguished with age, if they dont try to keep looking young by using hair dye.

My lady has kept herself in great shape over 38 years but she was always the athletic type anyway.

Her friend up the road was moaning only the other day about the state of decline of her hubby a bald headed pot bellied old couch potato who apparently in his prime was the star high school football player and voted the best looking jock on campus. Class of 1969 :hihi:

Sweetie, if that FB pic is up to date and genuine then congratulations, and this thread does not apply to you :). Now isnt it time for the gin?

Its a bit early for the gin. It's spritzers only before 7.

I was only kidding. I have an adorable husband and an even more lovely daughter. I swim about 5000 metres per week.

Archived