Water marked tiles

Can anyone help with my dilemna. :(

I recently had some porcelain tiles put down, which were not sealed, although the tiler said he had.

I went to b&q and got some sealer, but they said I needed some heavy duty tile cleaner, to get all products i've used on floor off b4 sealing. Which I put on the floor, it has now heavily marked the tiles, a water stained affect, I can not get this off, went on a site which said use hot water, a mop and white vinegar. But it hasn't done anything. I dont want to keep using stuff in case it damages them even more, so does anyone know how to get these water stains off..? So that I can seal them without sealing the stains in...?

Huh, the tiler was a total arsehole, I had nothing but trouble with him from day one.... I couldnt wait for him to finish the work so I cud get rid of him, I paid him 200 quid less, as I needed a 2nd tiler... to correct some of the work he's done... gutted int the word..

Hi looks like you put wrong tiles down to start with Floor tiles have a special glaze on and do not require sealing Tiler should have known this Go back to store tell them you put cleaner on as they adviced and it has marked tiles and it looks like they will have to come up and be replaced what are they prepared to do about it Sorry but i dont think you will get marks of You coulld try rubbing an area with an oily rag and see what happens Good luck

Thanks spider1, the tiles do have a glaze on them but they did have a thing on the box saying they needed sealing, I haven't got it anymore but I asked the tiler, he said they didn't need sealing either, but I thought as box said it, it must be right. Tiler said it is just an easy way to make more money out of you. I'll go back to b&q tomorrow and ask them, thanks 4 your help

Archived