Interview to book a wedding ?

we have to pay for 2 registrars because they getting married at the reception venue .& they only work in pairs outside town hall.??

if couples want to use their own dj instead of me they pay a £15 charge.

but i booked you lol:hihi:

That will be why its costing us so much then....

Still cant beleive they want £150 to get their own dj NOT to play at our reception - tried telling me its normal for ALL venues to do this - should have seen her face when I said that I have been doing it for nearly 20 years and never heard of it being anywhere near that.

As we know, that money will go to them, not the dj :rant:

Thats exactly what we thought.

To have the ceremony at the venue we want is costing us about £450 - if it was in the registry office it would be less than £150 !

And then we have to pay the venue £150 if we want to use our own dj instead of theirs - what a con :rant:

It now costs just over £200 at the registry office ;)

Thats exactly what we thought.

To have the ceremony at the venue we want is costing us about £450 - if it was in the registry office it would be less than £150 !

And then we have to pay the venue £150 if we want to use our own dj instead of theirs - what a con :rant:

If you have to pay the venue £150 to take your own DJ tell them you want their DJ there, stood at side of your DJ he will feel a right plonker especially if the venue are making out they have to pay him.

I've been in this business years, and I do not know of anyone who has a written contract with a DJ saying they have exclusive rights to all functions, in fact there will be no contract with anyone.

The £150 is probably the profit they would make by you booking their DJ.

So what happens these days if you get married in church, I seem to remember both of us having to go and see the vicar for a talk about the virtues of marriage but I wouldn’t have called it an “interview”

Still the same!

A quick chat about what marriage means, and a talk through the ceremony and what each bit means, plus attendance at church twice just before the wedding to hear the banns being read.

It's a legal requirement, I believe, to have the 'interview' with the registrars if you have a civil ceremony. It doesnt take 45 minutes each (they probably just give you that time as a maximum). Like others have said its only to confirm your ID and also to make sure they have all the correct spellings/information etc for the marriage certificate. You can also talk to them about format of the ceremony, readings etc

If you have to pay the venue £150 to take your own DJ tell them you want their DJ there, stood at side of your DJ he will feel a right plonker especially if the venue are making out they have to pay him.

I've been in this business years, and I do not know of anyone who has a written contract with a DJ saying they have exclusive rights to all functions, in fact there will be no contract with anyone.

The £150 is probably the profit they would make by you booking their DJ.

Some of the venues we looked at had clauses written in about using their own DJ and having to pay a fee if you didnt

Can remember where though, but didnt use an of them anyway!

We went to book our wedding today, and were told we have to go back, for each of us to have a 45 minute interview - whats that about :huh:

Could understand it if one of us was not english, but we were both born in this country & hold british passports.

Does anyone know of any other reason why they do this ?

The interviews won't take 45 mins each. We were done in about 10 each. They fill in some forms with you, check names, divorce certs, any change of name deeds etc and ask various questions about each other.

They were really nice with us.

PM me through FB if you need to know anything else. :)

Some of the venues we looked at had clauses written in about using their own DJ and having to pay a fee if you didnt

Can remember where though, but didnt use an of them anyway!

That will purely for profit, the hotel will use a supplier, supplier will charge hotel X Amount the hotel will chars you a lot more, nothing wrong in that because the DJ supplier is giving the Hotel discounted rate.

But the unfair bit is when the hotel applies V.A.T to the whole amount, where it's more than likely the DJ ain't vat registered. Typical fee a resident DJ get from a hotel is around £195 the hotel may charge the client £300 add the vat £360 that's £165 more.

Archived