I'm suprised at Derek Hatton's attitude towards "overweight" people.

What employer would want to give such a person a second chance?

If you drug tested every workplace in Britain and sacked anyone who tested positive for anything, you would lose an awful lot of good workers, including many craftsmen and professionals. When the reality dawned on those employers who were unaware of the true scope of drug use, I think most them would decide to give second chances.

Employers who routinely conduct drug tests are a different kettle of fish. They usually have good reason to take a hard line, such as the need to maintain a squeaky clean image, or engage in high performance work.

If you drug tested every workplace in Britain and sacked anyone who tested positive for anything, you would lose an awful lot of good workers, including many craftsmen and professionals. When the reality dawned on those employers who were unaware of the true scope of drug use, I think most them would decide to give second chances.

Employers who routinely conduct drug tests are a different kettle of fish. They usually have good reason to take a hard line, such as the need to maintain a squeaky clean image, or engage in high performance work.

My bold - including a significant number of MPs. How do they manage those all night sittings? Coke. I used to know a lot of people involved with politics, including MPs, back in the days when I was an active member of the Labour Party and believe you me, coke use is rife is the Houses of Parliament.

My bold - including a significant number of MPs. How do they manage those all night sittings? Coke. I used to know a lot of people involved with politics, including MPs, back in the days when I was an active member of the Labour Party and believe you me, coke use is rife is the Houses of Parliament.

You're going to have to back that up.

You're going to have to back that up.

What is so unbelievable? Fraud is rife among MPs. Theft is pretty big. Cheating on partners, and engaing prostiutes is not uncommon. It would be strange if there wasn't a certain amount of class A drug use.

What is so unbelievable? Fraud is rife among MPs. Theft is pretty big. Cheating on partners, and engaing prostiutes is not uncommon. It would be strange if there wasn't a certain amount of class A drug use.

Perhaps by one or two MP's behind closed doors in their homes, but in the houses of parliament??

Archived