Are pavements the new car parks?

Why do car drivers think that pavements are fair game to park on these days? It seems to me that a vast number of car drivers like to bump up onto the pavement and block over half the width of it just so their prescious car is out of the way of passing traffic so they won't get their wing mirror taken off by passing cars. In doing so they block the pavement for pedestrians. When I have confronted these people about it they get aggressive, nasty and tell me to <REMOVED>. Incredible, considering that they are in the wrong, that they get nasty. If I walked down the middle of the road I wonder how these same people would react to that. Hand on the horn, window wound down, effing and blinding at me to get out of the way. Just a little rant about a pet hate of mine. :rant::loopy:

Mod Note

As this was your first post I have removed the masked swearing, usually this results in the post being deleted, I suggest you have a look at the rules before posting again.

i have neighbour who has space outside his house for 2 cars, but he doesnt like anyone else parking there so he parks in the middle of the space half on the pavement

when he goes to work he pulls his wifes car out of their garage and parks that in the space instead.

You only just noticed that? :wow:

We have someone two doors down from us with two cars. His driveway is only long enough for one but that doesn't stop him parking both cars end to end, totally blocking off the pavement and leaving no option but to step in to the road to get past.

Luckily we live on a very quiet road and no accidents have happened yet.

He's just returned home, straight in to his end to end position. Pavement totally blocked off once again :roll:

Isn't it the police who are responsible for obstructions on the pavement? Call the non emergency number and report it.

I doubt they would do anything. This guy has been doing the same thing for years and the police haven't bothered to pull over and have a word with him.

Archived