Are pavements the new car parks?

He's just returned home, straight in to his end to end position. Pavement totally blocked off once again :roll:

What a nob..

Make a report to 101.

They deal with antisocial behaviour.

See if they can do anything.

Failing that you could hope that someone coming from the pub one night will take umbridge at his parking and dealwith the matter for you :D

What a nob..

Make a report to 101.

They deal with antisocial behaviour.

See if they can do anything.

Failing that you could hope that someone coming from the pub one night will take umbridge at his parking and dealwith the matter for you :D

I once considered taking this 2" wide marker i have and drawing the lines of the pavement straight over his car and drawing footprints on it :hihi:

The police will only take action if the vehicle is causing an obstruction which in their eyes is when there isn't sufficient room to get a push chair or wheelchair past. I've argued the point with parking services and the police as vehicles even partially blocking the pavement can cause visually impaired people a lot of problems and the pavement and kerb are often damaged which some-one has to pay for.

It's quite normal to park onto the pavement to avoid causing an obstruction in the road. So long as the pavement isn't blocked why is it an issue?

You want to drive up Dyke Vale Road after tea when people are home from work. I pity anyone trying to use the pavement, there are cars and vans on it with no room for a pram to get past.

Why do car drivers think that pavements are fair game to park on these days? It seems to me that a vast number of car drivers like to bump up onto the pavement and block over half the width of it just so their prescious car is out of the way of passing traffic so they won't get their wing mirror taken off by passing cars. In doing so they block the pavement for pedestrians. When I have confronted these people about it they get aggressive, nasty and tell me to <REMOVED>. Incredible, considering that they are in the wrong, that they get nasty. If I walked down the middle of the road I wonder how these same people would react to that. Hand on the horn, window wound down, effing and blinding at me to get out of the way. Just a little rant about a pet hate of mine. :rant::loopy:

I find it very annoying as well.

If you accidently walked into the car parked illegally and hurt yourself you can sue them, it’s very common for wing mirrors to be accidently knocked off whilst parked on a pavement. The police will also take action if you report them but only if they are preventing a double side by side bush chair from passing. One of my dogs is very nosey and often head buts cars parked on the pavement when she isn’t paying attention to where she is walking.

Archived