Questions for drivers.

you do realise that Amber means stop dont you?

you can only procede through amber if you have already crossed the line, or if it would be dangerous for you to slam on brakes to stop

If I was already across the line when the amber light came on then I haven't broken any driving rules...you've just said that yourself..I didn't mention crossing the line on amber...to clarify..if I want to turn right and there's a car in front of me wanting to turn right also then so long as the road we're turning into isn't blocked I would procceed through a grenn light and wait behind this person proceeding when he does..the amber sequence will allow time to do this..

treat them both the same in my book. why would i want to enter a junction knowing i could end up parked in the middle of it when the lights have changed.

You won't. When the lights change if you're still waiting the oncoming traffic stops and you go.

At a crossroads with a car opposite and both with a give way line who has priority? Does it depend on which way each of you is turning or who arrived first?

Don't have a problem with the answers given to the last two scenarios, but lets just clear this one up and nip it in the bud.

If two cars approach a crossroads, the one turning left or going straight ahead has priority over the one turning right.

If both are turning right, then it becomes a negotiating situation, necessitating the use of eye contact etc. In that case, it is usual, but not a case of having priority, for the car that arrived there first to go first.

Just to add: If you're interested in defensive driving, remember priority can only be given to you, you can't take it

you do realise that Amber means stop dont you?

you can only procede through amber if you have already crossed the line, or if it would be dangerous for you to slam on brakes to stop

If you are waiting to turn right at the correct position then you will already have crossed the line...

wow Saxon, i mention this often in posts. if your tagging your posts with your business details remember that every post you make reflects your business.

so far you have told the thread that its fine to go through amber, when some of us have been around long enough to remember the

public safety adverts from the 70's.

i will simplify it for you.

dont enter a junction unless its save to do so. dont do anything in your vehicle that is likely to harm anyone else apart from yourself.

entering a junction without knowing you can safely exit it does not satisfy that simple rule that has kept me alive for a whole load of years.

You won't. When the lights change if you're still waiting the oncoming traffic stops and you go.

so because your parked in a junction the oncoming traffic has to now wait for you to get out of their way.

why put yourself in their way to begin with? its like pushing into a queue.

wow Saxon, i mention this often in posts. if your tagging your posts with your business details remember that every post you make reflects your business.

so far you have told the thread that its fine to go through amber, when some of us have been around long enough to remember the

public safety adverts from the 70's.

i will simplify it for you.

dont enter a junction unless its save to do so. dont do anything in your vehicle that is likely to harm anyone else apart from yourself.

entering a junction without knowing you can safely exit it does not satisfy that simple rule that has kept me alive for a whole load of years.

I don't think Saxon did advocate going through an amber light...could you point out the bit I've missed?

so because your parked in a junction the oncoming traffic has to now wait for you to get out of their way.

why put yourself in their way to begin with? its like pushing into a queue.

There will be no oncoming traffic..it will have stopped....or do you go through amber lights?

Archived