Questions for drivers.

your absolutely wrong cynic. there is no law that says i or anyone else HAS to move forward at a green light.

movement should only be dont if the driver considers it safe to do so. if i am anywhere driving and i dont consider progress to be safe then i will sit until i consider it is. an stuff anyone behind me.

i will procede when i think its safe to do so. why are you finding that so hard to understand.

no one behind has the same view as i do. they have no idea whats coming, what i can seem what cargo i may be carying, the power of my vehicle, the conditions of the road immediatly in front of me etc. only i can make those decisions. those behind get to make their choices when its their turn.

around 25,000 or more miles a year i drive, and no i havent noticed 100000's of people tooting at me. its an old fashioned approach i have. considerate we used to call it.

now to remind you of the lights

green = go (IF SAFE TO DO SO)

red = stop

amber = stop (unless unsafe not to)

and Saxon, i recieved a message last night from a user who described himself as a fleet driver trainer, Advanced/Defensive/NDIS trainer. Advanced examiner

pointing out that you where wrong.

One final question then I will leave it alone and just hope I never get stuck behind you at a busy junction!

If there was a constant flow of traffic travelling across a traffic light controlled 4 way junction whenever the lights turned green, that clearly wasn't going to stop for an hour or more (rush hour on many roads as an example). You wouldn't move to a position in the middle of the junction and wait for the traffic to stop as the light turns red and then complete your right turn?

Just to clarify I am thinking of a situation when there is a long line of traffic either side of the junction and it never clears from one red light to the next. I am not talking about blocking the junction when your exit isn't clear just that you can't make the turn because their is traffic coming from the opposite direction.

I can think of many occassions were if I sat at the stop line on a green light waiting for there to be no traffic before I complete my right turn I would have sat there for easily an hour, probably more.

your suggesting a situation where your asking if i would move to the middle of a junction and put myself in a potentially unsafe position.

i think you already know that answer.

Wow. I'm glad I have the same opinion as 99.9999% of drivers when it comes to safety in this situation. Otherwise my 30 minute drive home would take about 2 hours most nights and I would have about 1000 angry drivers stuck behind me at the junction I have in mind! :hihi:

Wow. I'm glad I have the same opinion as 99.9999% of drivers when it comes to safety in this situation. Otherwise my 30 minute drive home would take about 2 hours most nights and I would have about 1000 angry drivers stuck behind me at the junction I have in mind! :hihi:

I don't think oldskater would still be alive if he actually does what you describe. I would certainly kill him, without hesitation.

jb

yup you have made that very clear.

your opinion on safety is that it comes 2nd to getting home quicker and not upsetting anyone behind you.

your suggesting a situation where your asking if i would move to the middle of a junction and put myself in a potentially unsafe position.

i think you already know that answer.

Why wouldn’t it be safe to enter the junction and wait in the middles for oncoming traffic to stop.

and then the lights change and your sat blocking the road.

Do you not understand how traffic lights work?

One set changes several seconds before the other, giving you plenty of time to get clear of the centre of the junction safely.

Archived