Nothing to do with us say The Police

cant get insured without a tax disc so its a criminal offence

Yes you can get insured without a tax disk.

But you cannot get a tax disk without insurance, MOT also required for a car/motorcycle over 3 year old.

The police can't be bothered with anything, I saw one the other morning set off after a car that had jumped a red light outside Meadowhall Retail Park, sirens and lights flashing, the police got as far as TGI's and turned around.

yer but if you havent got a vaild tax disc you cant be insured ...think thats right

You have changed your wording in the above post to what your original post said.

You originally stated you cannot get insurance without a tax disk, above you are now saying no valid tax disk no insurance which i also believe is correct in law.

But like I have stated you need an insurance policy to get your vehicle taxed.

Not being taxed does not affect insurance x

If your driving a vehicle on the road it does.

The only time it does not affect your insurance is if your vehicle is not taxed and you are on your way to a pre-booked MOT test at an approved MOT testing station.

I watched one of those Police progs on the TV a couple of evenings ago and was disgusted how the police turned a blind eye to certain motoring offences. Tax disc out of date Speeding? Driving in the middle lane and being offensive to the police? Don't worry about it, you'll just get a ticking off.

With attitudes like that, coupled with the fact if you're done for no insurance the fine is cheaper than the premium, its no wonder why things are so bad and its the law abiding who suffer.

I was surprised when i saw on Road Wars that all the police do with out of date tax discs is report the driver to the DVLA ,and for No MOT its only a £60 ticket.

If having NO insurance means your car is siezed , then the same should apply for no tax or MOT,as they are also legal requirements of using your vehicle on the road.

Archived