Nothing to do with us say The Police

Not being taxed does not affect insurance x

I would imagine it does because it is an offence to drive the vehicle without road tax unless to a pre booked MOT test, there is another thread about this. If it should not be on the road then I would imagine the insurance company would fight tooth and nail to avoid paying out.

The police can't be bothered with anything, I saw one the other morning set off after a car that had jumped a red light outside Meadowhall Retail Park, sirens and lights flashing, the police got as far as TGI's and turned around.

Possibility they may have been called to something moe urgent of course, but no, can't moan about that huh!

If your driving a vehicle on the road it does.

The only time it does not affect your insurance is if your vehicle is not taxed and you are on your way to a pre-booked MOT test at an approved MOT testing station.

Oh :confused: I guess things have changed in last 10 years or so then :) Glad you updated, not that im never taxed, learnt the hard way :( xx

Yes you can get insured without a tax disk.

But you cannot get a tax disk without insurance, MOT also required for a car/motorcycle over 3 year old.

Just to repeat with the bolding.

You can get insured without a valid tax disk and MOT, but you won't be insured without a valid tax disk and MOT.

They'll take your money no questions asked, but they might not pay out.

Like many, I too am dismayed by how the risk/reward ratio of driving without tax & insurance has tipped so far towards reward in this country in recent years.

Oh :confused: I guess things have changed in last 10 years or so then :) Glad you updated, not that im never taxed, learnt the hard way :( xx

It's like another misconception with insurance,

it says on most insurance policies that, you can drive any other vehicle not belonging to you and not hired to you under an hire purchase agreement. What it fails to say is that the other vehicle must be insured in it own right, thats to say if a mate has got a car thats taxed and tested but he not got it insured you cannot get in it a drive it on a public road with your insurance. A work coleague fell for that one a couple of years back and lost his license for 9 month after being stopped by the police.

You can get insured without a valid tax disk and MOT, but you won't be insured without a valid tax disk and MOT.

Like many, I too am dismayed by how the risk/reward ratio of driving without tax & insurance has tipped so far towards reward in this country in recent years.

Please read post 19

Please read post 19

I'm so sorry if my repeating of the fact, rather than posting the customary "I agree 100%", has somehow caused offence.

I hereby declare that you were first, and are therefore a better person than me.

I'm so sorry if my repeating of the fact, rather than posting the customary "I agree 100%", has somehow caused offence.

I hereby declare that you were first, and are therefore a better person than me.

Sorry quisquose I misread your post, and no I am not a better person than you, I make mistakes the same as everyone else does, so therfore I'm no better than anybody else and I don't presume to be.

My Bold

i think the chances of driving for 12 months and only getting pulled once is very remote

Possibility they may have been called to something moe urgent of course, but no, can't moan about that huh!

I knew some one would say that, if he was called to something more urgent he wasn't in a rush to get there. He turned around at the roundabout and drove back slowly with no lights or sirens on.

Archived