Nothing to do with us say The Police

My wife was shunted from behind by another vehicle on her way to work so she got out to speak to the other driver and exchange details, she got quite suspicious when he said that he didnt know his own postal code and kept telling her that there was no real damage to her car so "lets just drive on".

She couldn't really see any serious damage to her car just a cracked rear bumper and insisted on swapping details. The other driver did eventually give his name address and insurance company and they parted.

She then called me and i checked his reg details on the Motor Insurance Database and found that he wasnt insured.

We went to the police the following day only to be told that its a civil matter and nothing to do with them, i understand that they have nothing to do with getting any repairs done and paid for by the other party but i went to report him for driving without insurance and they just didn't seem to care less.

When pressed they said just leave the details and i will pass them onto Traffic, i'm betting it doesn't get anywhere near them.

typical attitude, way to much effort involved for our lads in blue. a cracked bumper repair will be in the hundreds on an average car.

You see todays police would much rather go for an easy 60 quid for a speeding fine that actualy get off their fat backsides and do some policing.

Not true, did you miss:

I watched one of those Police progs on the TV a couple of evenings ago and was disgusted how the police turned a blind eye to certain motoring offences. Tax disc out of date? Speeding? Driving in the middle lane and being offensive to the police? Don't worry about it, you'll just get a ticking off.

Not true, did you miss:

I dont watch those programs

I hate the way they glamourise the thuggish behaviour some of our police have.

They seem to think it makes the general public feel better if they see the police kicking 7 shades out of a suspect.

Oh, so brave:roll:

But anyways ill have to bow down to your better judgment on this one.

I watched one of those Police progs on the TV a couple of evenings ago and was disgusted how the police turned a blind eye to certain motoring offences. Tax disc out of date? Speeding? Driving in the middle lane and being offensive to the police? Don't worry about it, you'll just get a ticking off.

With attitudes like that, coupled with the fact if you're done for no insurance the fine is cheaper than the premium, its no wonder why things are so bad and its the law abiding who suffer.

But if the police tackle crime, where will they find the time to put 50 year old eco-campaigners under surveillance?

Archived