Employment agencies are parasites.

They use the skills of others to make themselves huge sums of money. I think that there is no room for them in the employment chain. If a company wishes to pay me £xxxxxxx for my skills I want ALL of that money because they are MY SKILLS!

I do not want a bunch of parasites wedging themselves inbetween and taking a slice of the action. I do not know why companies use the no good parasites in the first place!

Totally disagree. I have the numbers of 11 agencies i use and between them they kept me in work for 7 years. Not a very easy thing to do yourself when self employed in the construction trade.

I get paid the going rate for what i do. The agencies charge the client extra. The client is happy to pay extra as he doesn't need to worry about keeping agency staff in work. If he doesn't need us he just sends us home.

Totally disagree. I have the numbers of 11 agencies i use and between them they kept me in work for 7 years. Not a very easy thing to do yourself when self employed in the construction trade.

I get paid the going rate for what i do. The agencies charge the client extra. The client is happy to pay extra as he doesn't need to worry about keeping agency staff in work. If he doesn't need us he just sends us home.

If you do not mind being constantly hired and fired at the whim of others then you have a point. Most people prefer more security than that. Employment agencies thrive upon peoples insecurity.

They don't take a chunk of your wage, you take a percentage of their hourly fee to their client. This is frequently more than the hourly rate of your colleagues who are on the books. Read up on the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) which came into effect on october 1st. They will provide you with a little more clarity as to the increased rights for Agency Workers.

If you do not mind being constantly hired and fired at the whim of others then you have a point. Most people prefer more security than that. Employment agencies thrive upon peoples insecurity.

We are lucky if we receive a weeks notice. That used to be plenty of time for agencies to find us another start for the following week. Sadly that is not always the case any more and the stress levels are sky high these days. Hence why i am looking for more stability and even looking into a different sector altogether.

I can't blame the agencies for this. It is the industry itself that is on it's backside.

Archived