Employment agencies are parasites.

We are lucky if we receive a weeks notice. That used to be plenty of time for agencies to find us another start for the following week. Sadly that is not always the case any more and the stress levels are sky high these days. Hence why i am looking for more stability and even looking into a different sector altogether.

I can't blame the agencies for this. It is the industry itself that is on it's backside.

What is your trade?

They use the skills of others to make themselves huge sums of money. I think that there is no room for them in the employment chain. If a company wishes to pay me £xxxxxxx for my skills I want ALL of that money because they are MY SKILLS!

I do not want a bunch of parasites wedging themselves inbetween and taking a slice of the action. I do not know why companies use the no good parasites in the first place!

I can explain why companies use them.

It removes the burden of interviewing you (maybe), it removes the overhead of receiving and filtering hundreds of cv's, it avoids having to employ directly.

As a candidate they provide little value to you (and indeed might be seen to cost you money), but from an employers point of view they provide a valuable service that is worth paying for.

I can explain why companies use them.

It removes the burden of interviewing you (maybe), it removes the overhead of receiving and filtering hundreds of cv's, it avoids having to employ directly.

As a candidate they provide little value to you (and indeed might be seen to cost you money), but from an employers point of view they provide a valuable service that is worth paying for.

I must admit that as an employee I find them an absolute pain in a certain part of the anatomy not usually on show. One recently contacted me about a vacancy having seen my CV on a website. He asked me to travel miles at a very short notice to be interviewed by him. I went along with it.

When I arrived I was given about 20 different forms to fill in which took two hours. He then interviewed me and told me that the vacancy was temporary!

AFTER ALL THAT! I went along with it anyhow and he said he would let me know today and I would start Monday.

He rang me today and said the company want to interview me as well and could I go tomorrow morning!

I told him to stuff it!

Two interviews (AT LEAST!) for a temp job that could start and end next week.

I call him Tim nice but dim now!

Archived