Employment agencies are parasites.

Yes i know that and i don't subscribe to some mickey mouse labour market you seem to think i do.

The OP isn't happy how agencies work, so as i said just don't use them. That of course may limit their employment opportunities but there isnt really much the OP can do about it.

Get work thru the agency route or don't.

In other words dont work-not really very helpful!

Hi mate, the composite company is not one i;ve heard of as obviously i invoice my customers direct but a google search through this up which seems to suggest they are long defunct as a trading style. If you want to PM me happy to have a look at any contracts you've got to see if it looks like someones been lifting your leg. (not an expert my any means but i'm fairly good at spotting stuff that doesn't look right)

I've not had much work at all for a while now but you've set me off. I've started looking in to it and found this site when i googled one of the composite companies i have used. I've also just got off the phone with my brother who is still using them. I think we need to have a word with the agencies and find out what they are playing at! :suspect:

They are scum of the earth who take advantage of people's situations they should be banned! if you work for them you virtually have no rights at all i've suffered at the hands of these morons.

Last december i was looking for jobs i rang an agency job up that was advertised through a company in Barnsley it was at the same time we had all that bad snow i went from my ex's in Hillsborough back to Dronfield then to Barnsley on the promise that i would start the next day after 2hrs of travelling and getting stuck in a massive jam on the M1 i filled in tons of paperwork only for them not to even bother contacting me again so i wasted alot of time and money for nothing.

They are scum of the earth who take advantage of people's situations they should be banned! if you work for them you virtually have no rights at all i've suffered at the hands of these morons.

Last december i was looking for jobs i rang an agency job up that was advertised through a company in Barnsley it was at the same time we had all that bad snow i went from my ex's in Hillsborough back to Dronfield then to Barnsley on the promise that i would start the next day after 2hrs of travelling and getting stuck in a massive jam on the M1 i filled in tons of paperwork only for them not to even bother contacting me again so i wasted alot of time and money for nothing.

That's the same situation as a lot of people are in who apply for jobs advertised directly by companies..travel to an interview,fill forms in and then hear nothing..this isn't specifically an agency issue..

That's the same situation as a lot of people are in who apply for jobs advertised directly by companies..travel to an interview,fill forms in and then hear nothing..this isn't specifically an agency issue..

Agencies are renowned for it. They are money grabbing parasites who have no skills. They would sell their grannies for fifty quid. They have no ethics, morals and or scruples. They merely wish to make money at all costs.

As a former Recruitment Consultant of some 17 years standing I can only say that ALL agencies and the people they employ are utter scum. I done the job to make a living and always tried to give the people I employed respect and help. You won't find much of that from agencies now. Awful industry to work in full of back stabbers. I don't know how I lasted so long I really don't. The Recruitment Agencies have one interest only. MONEY ! Never mind about the agency workers they employ. They are just a number. My advice. Only use agencies if you are REALLY desperate.

Agencies are renowned for it. They are money grabbing parasites who have no skills. They would sell their grannies for fifty quid. They have no ethics, morals and or scruples. They merely wish to make money at all costs.

Filling in forms and travelling isn't new..you have to do that to get benefits or dole, which doesn't seem to be an issue for many.

My business is at the mercy of the present market, as is many. I can't afford to take on on a full time basis, as the stability isn't there any longer. I don't have to use agencies because I've accumulated over the years a list of hired help I can rely on. Without that list I've no doubt I'd use them...to survive I'd probably have to. Regardless of your views, agencies are a pool of different professions assembled under one roof for a particular locality.

I don't like paying the extortionate duty on my fuel, but in order to work I'm prepared to pay it...if I wish to work that is.

Agencies take pressure off businesses, for a fee... They either provide a connection between those looking for shortterm work with businesses looking for a temporary staff member, or link up those seeking a perm post with employers seeking a new staff member... They pay the person employed their holiday pay etc, they also pay the NI and put thwm through their books, and generates the employees pay - these are jobs that the employer doesn't have to concern themselves with... They also set up meetings with business looking for permanent staff, who don't wish to be bombarded with loads of irrelevant CVs... The agency sifts the CVs, meets a selection of potential candidates, and intoduces the employer to a small selection of people who could do the job that they are offering - they then have one or two days to interview and choose, rather than weeks of ad writing, CV reading and interview arranging... I see that the OP has limited understanding of agencies, and that is fine, as noone is required to use them! They could simply hawk themselves directly to businesses when they are looking for work, but they may find that they miss many great opportunities, and I don't think bypassing a legitimate manner of job seeking is worthwhile... OP - Do you also have a hatered of jobsites, such as total jobs, monster and erm, jobsite? They work in a similar way...

Archived