Sachet condiments are an invention of the Devil.

Sachet condiments; are they just an invention of the Devil?

I absolutely hate the things and can’t help feeling that they take a restaurant rather down market. They are sods to open. There are never the ones that you want. In the dim light of a lot of restaurants you can’t read them and stick tartar sauce on your steak. You end up with more on your fingers than on your food.

Last night whilst attempting to open a sachet of mustard the damned thing exploded and rather a lot ended up in the candle from where it emitted tear gas for the rest of the evening.

Please please please can we do away with these awful plastic bits of rubbish filled with even more revolting condiments?

I like them.

It's much better than being offered a jar of something with congealed gunk around the edges and containing bits of a previous customer's meal stuck to the spoon. Of course a restaurant/cafe should keep the jars clean and fresh, but in value for money terms I'd prefer them to concentrate their energies on the food and provide these sachets.

A top of the range restaurant would include for "proper" sauces made in house, but once you drop to the level where sauces are bought in, then they might as well be in sachets.

I got a pair of tiny fold-up scissors out of a xmas cracker which I used to carry around, they were extremely useful for that purpose - I seem to have midlaid them at the moment, roll on Christmas

cressida, you and I were separated at birth. :hihi:

I also carry a pair of tiny folding scissors in my purse. It's been used to cut threads, cut tags off of new clothing that The Hulk couldn't get off, clip coupons, etc.

cressida, you and I were separated at birth. :hihi:

I also carry a pair of tiny folding scissors in my purse. It's been used to cut threads, cut tags off of new clothing that The Hulk couldn't get off, clip coupons, etc.

I always wanted to be a twin when I was younger, mainly for naughtiness at school, I can't think of anyone nicer I would like to be a twin with ;)

Sachet condiments; are they just an invention of the Devil?

I absolutely hate the things and can’t help feeling that they take a restaurant rather down market. They are sods to open. There are never the ones that you want. In the dim light of a lot of restaurants you can’t read them and stick tartar sauce on your steak. You end up with more on your fingers than on your food.

Last night whilst attempting to open a sachet of mustard the damned thing exploded and rather a lot ended up in the candle from where it emitted tear gas for the rest of the evening.

Please please please can we do away with these awful plastic bits of rubbish filled with even more revolting condiments?

Only "downtowngirls" would eat in restaurants like you have described, so you are not living up to your name!

Was it McDonalds or Burger King?:cool:

The restaurants I frequent and who are fortunate enough to have the privilege of serving me food dont have sachets. The condiments all come in bottles and the bottles are always full and pristine clean

I would hate to have bottled condiments in fast food outlets though. I can well imagine the nasty state they would be in, dried goop all over the bottle neck and on the lid and all down the sides. You cant trust fast food regulars to keep anything clean let alone consider the sensitivities of other customers.

As for the sachets themselves they generally open quite easitj if you tear carefully down from the top on the left side . Trying to open by tearing sideways wont work

Only "downtowngirls" would eat in restaurants like you have described, so you are not living up to your name!

Was it McDonalds or Burger King?:cool:

No it wasn't a down market place. It was quite an expensive restaurant, and a girl goes where her date takes her. But you probably wouldn't know about that.

Regarding the alternative, I normally find restaurants have waiters who come around with little bowls of mustard/horseradish/tartare sauce etc and put a spoonful on my plate thereby saving my nail varnish.

Archived