Sachet condiments are an invention of the Devil.

cressida, you and I were separated at birth. :hihi:

I also carry a pair of tiny folding scissors in my purse. It's been used to cut threads, cut tags off of new clothing that The Hulk couldn't get off, clip coupons, etc.

Actually, I think we're triplets. I have a teeny pair of scissors on the Swiss Army knife on my keys for such purposes :)

Bloody hell. I'm impressed. Are you girls all commandos? I'm going to watch my step in restaurants in future if all the girls are going "tooled up". :hihi:

I'm outclassed here clearly. I bet you gals could even change a punctured wheel.

I always wanted to be a twin when I was younger, mainly for naughtiness at school, I can't think of anyone nicer I would like to be a twin with ;)

Me either. So we are officially the Forum Twins, with medusa as our triplet when she's not busy doing the admin thing. :D

Funny, I never wanted to be a twin. I have two sisters, more than enough for me. Maybe if the twin were a boy, it'd be ok. Having your clothes and makeup 'borrowed' all the time got old fast. On second thought, if he did borrow my things, hopefully he'd have been more considerate. :hihi:

Actually, I think we're triplets. I have a teeny pair of scissors on the Swiss Army knife on my keys for such purposes :)

I'm so glad it's not just me. It seems like every time I whip out my little scissors I get raised eyebrows. People are like, "whoa. You're prepared. What else you got in there?" :hihi:

Aye, I have a leatherman utensil which can do most of these kinds of tasks, otherwise you get more gloop on yourself than on the plate.

Regards

Angel.

I always take small nail scissors with me for this purpose exactly.

Quints! Or sextuplets now. :shocked:

I think we should start a club. Girls who carry pointy objects in their handbags.

Sachet condiments; are they just an invention of the Devil?

I absolutely hate the things and can’t help feeling that they take a restaurant rather down market.

Anything calling itself a "restaurant" should never use sachets.

I presume their "wine list" comprises of Blossom Hill and similarly sickly plonk.

They're OK in cafes, not OK in restaurants.

You go to a cafe for cheap food and a cup of tea and coffee. Sachets of condiments are fine, no problems at all.

Go to a restaurant and you're looking for a fine dining experience. You aren't looking for condiments in sachets and will think less of the place if offered these.

It's all a matter of context.

Archived