Curtains too short any ideas

i bought some curtains in black crinkle fabric, from the range. the longest they go is 90inch, i need 110 inch, what shall i do to lengthen them, any inspiring ideas? cant take them back, i like them to much. :D

Add some faberic to the bottom as though it's part of the design. I would use wide ribon, satin or something like that. Maybe in a contrasting colour. You could put a band around the top part as well so that it matches.

Add some faberic to the bottom as though it's part of the design. I would use wide ribon, satin or something like that. Maybe in a contrasting colour. You could put a band around the top part as well so that it matches.

If done in white it will look like a blackpudding sandwich hanging in your window.or even a very large licorice allsort.Perhaps you may get sponsored by Bassets.

i bought some curtains in black crinkle fabric, from the range. the longest they go is 90inch, i need 110 inch, what shall i do to lengthen them, any inspiring ideas? cant take them back, i like them to much. :D

Can't you just make your window smaller? :D

Edit: Mecky beat me to it!

Is there enough hem on the bottom of the curtain to let down to cover the majority of the gap?

If it's only a couple of cm difference in length, you could always have used bias binding or tape to hem the curtain material using the minimum of the curtaining for the hem.

Archived