No feedback because you want to keep it secret ?

Whenever I get to stay away in a guesthouse, hotel or hostel abroad or in UK, I normally like to add a review to "tripadvisor" (other review sites are also available).

I get to go on a few training courses with my job so often find that I am stuffed into some interesting hotel which would be superb if it wasn't adjacent to the west coast mainline or something of that nature, this leads to an interesting review and often the hotel is well worth staying in because the management makes compensations with an excellent resteraunt or a cheap bar or something like that..

Anyhow, last weekend I stayed in a hotel apartment in London, and it was so convenient I want it to be free for next time I get a similar opportunity. I notice that all the previous reviews are very over-critical and I can understand why, because they all want the price to stay low and there to be less regular patrons so it keeps its regular availability.

So this time I am not going to leave a review.

And for the first time I realise what to make of some of the politics of reviewers on tripadvisor (other review sites are also available).

Archived