Dettol - No Touch Handwash Dispenser; What is the point?

I have managed for over fifty years without one of these indispensible dispeners, so I feel I can manage another thirty or so.

As for using public toilets I have anbacterial hand wash in my bag and use it after I have the said public convenience, therefore eliminating any germs from toilet usage, pumps or door handles.

I agree with the OP. I have done since i first viewed the advert. Once you have used the pump, you are going to wash your hands anyway. I think it is just another marketing gimmick that plays on peoples insecurities.

And I bet the refils are far more expensive gram-per-gram of soap than with a traditional one.

I keep seeing the advert on television for the no touch pump, the automatic dispenser.

I really don't get the point of it..

You rinse your hands then touch push the pump to get the handwash out, which cleans your hands. After you have washed them, you don't need to touch the pump again. The fact that you don't touch the pump doesn't affect the gel inside the tub does it?

Really fail to see the logic in it.. :confused:

It's totally and utterly pointless!!

If you use a pump you wash your hands afterwards anyway!

It's another clever marketing campaign targeting those who are terrified of bacteria and catching something, clean freaks basically.

Reading this thread with some of you washing the taps then the soap after watching your hands, makes me think of a Mr Bean sketch.

Do you all have a sterile sink too to wash yourself after touching the "dirty" sink ?

Some people really have obsessive issues with hygene which are the wrong side of mentally healthy.

They will invent a glove for men to use while peeing next.

I would buy one, why not? The amount of dirty tramps who have a pee and a poo, who walk straight to the toilet door (and place their gonadic matter on the handle) is beyond belief. And then eat a packet of crisps :gag::suspect:

It makes perfect sense.

If you rinse your hands it is hardly going to remove bacteria from a bad wipe in the toilet. Or the kind of nasty stuff you would get on you by handling uncooked chicken. You need to get some soap on and spend at least 5 minutes washing your hands properly like they teach the nurses in the hospital to prevent the spread of infections.

If you have to press a lever on a soap dispenser then you are transferring nasty stuff to it that the next person is going to get.

Yeah, the next person is going to get, but if they are touching the dispenser they are about to wash thier hands any way, and as a result washing off anything they just got from the dispenser...

Reading this thread with some of you washing the taps then the soap after watching your hands, makes me think of a Mr Bean sketch.

Do you all have a sterile sink too to wash yourself after touching the "dirty" sink ?

Some people really have obsessive issues with hygene which are the wrong side of mentally healthy.

As far as washing the taps is concerned I was specifically referring to removing traces of raw chicken. In case you were unaware raw chicken can cause salmonella poisoning and campylobacteriosis.

If you don't mind getting either of these then go ahead, bathe in raw chicken blood for all I care, just don't invite me round for dinner.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=16203

jb

Archived