Apple scromping?

We must have lived in srumper's paradise surrounded on all sides by orchards,where we went sometimes, depended on our mum, she'd say "I'm going to make a fruit pie, go and get me some apples, Mr ....... has Granny Smiths so go there" or plums,pears ,whatever she was cooking, the best blackberries grew behind our grans grave so sometimes she sent us to the cemetery.

• 2 weeks later...
well.... when i was a young'n we used to have a back creeping session, which consisted of about 6 to 10 of us creeping along the back gardens of our nieghbours (it was scarey at times) its not clever but i remember it being fun

Hedge hopping was great fun lol:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

We went scrumping opposite the entrance to Graves park. There was a big house with a proper orchard, times many we ran home after nearly being caught with apples in our skirts and the lads trousers. By the time we got home ( gleadless valley) we'd lost most of them..:hihi: happy times!

Archived