When does ASKMID update their systems?

I have to drive down to brighton tonight, i paid for a insurance policy yesturday, i phoned the insurance company and yes iam insured as of from yesturday.

i phoned the insurance company again and asked if they could speed things along to update askmid but they said it would update over night, yet its still showing as my car is uninsured, i dont want to risk driving all the way down there without my car being on the database because i risk getting stopped by the police, i have no policy through yet or even a policy number to show the police if i did get stopped,

what are the chances of askmid being updated sometime this afternoon before i set off, or is it always overnight? any advice appreciated.

I have asked for the policy number, they said they dont know it, all they have is a quote reference, :confused::huh:

i can prove that this insurance company has took the money out of my bank account via bank statement, it has thier names on it, do you think this would be enough?

If the insurers can confirm it then yes it should be sufficient. It's not always necessary to provide documents at the roadside,but they may contact the insurers to confirm details.

the police, if they phone the insurance company, will be told i have valid insurance becuase i have, only i dont want to keep getting pulled over on my journey to prove this, is there anyway i could get someone, either askmid themselfs or the insurance company to update their systems quicker before i leave.

the police, if they phone the insurance company, will be told i have valid insurance becuase i have, only i dont want to keep getting pulled over on my journey to prove this, is there anyway i could get someone, either askmid themselfs or the insurance company to update their systems quicker before i leave.

Ask the criminals out there,you're as likely to be pulled following an Askmid check as you are for using your phone whilst driving. That would be extremely unlucky to get pulled once going to BRistol tonight and to get pulled consecutively would be like a lottery win type chance.

The answer to your question though is No. You can't force anyone to get your details on quicker.

Police don't use ASKMID.

Police use MIDIS, which is very similar, and is the one we use too, but it gives far more information than just a simple yes or no. It's also updated more regularly. You'll be fine.

i phoned the police this morning to check if they do you askmid and they said not solely but they do :huh:

Archived