When does ASKMID update their systems?

It can take up to two weeks according to Watchdog a couple of months ago, depending on how many details they have to update. There was a report on how people were getting done by police for no insurance despite having policies.

It sounded almost as if they had one person manually updating the database.

i phoned the police this morning to check if they do you askmid and they said not solely but they do :huh:

It's a similar thing. It's based on the motor insurer's database, which is a register of all active policies. Like many things though, the "official" version is more thoroughly updated and detailed. I'd hate to say it's because it's paid for but.....

The full MIDIS version which we as solicitors and the police can check gives you all sorts of details including your policy number, address for insurers etc, and I understand is updated more regularly. The police have an even fuller version than we do I understand for obvious reasons.

My understanding is that the ASKMID website accesses a less up to date version of the database, that is updated on a weekly or fortnightly basis. The version that the police access is updated more regularly.

I could be wrong, but that's one of the reasons we're told we have to pay to access the full database!! :)

Archived