Union members' attitudes towards their non-union member colleagues.

If an employer provides a caring, fair environment where employees' needs are supported and their conditions and pay are fair - to the point that they feel happy and fulfilled, what would any of them gain by joining a union? I'm sure the union would gain from more subs - after all, the union leaders need their subsidised houses and inflation-busting wage rises just as much as the bankers do.

A low-performing, dysfunctional individual may wish to use a union to hide behind and avoid/delay managerial action. Or, some left-wing fool who thrives on the 1970s shop steward "them'n'us" mentality might just like being awkward to 'them ### in suits'. I have no time for either, so union membership is not something I will tolerate.

Wow, there are some great words there that you have used.. caring, fair,supported,happy, fulfilled,

I have worked for several employers who would also use similar types of words to describe themselves and their company, whereas in act they were devious and nasty little individuals, with a deep desire to bully and manipulate people for their own profits, regardless for the Health and Safety at work act or the rule of Law,In an Ideal world a Union would not be needed, but we dont live in an ideal world, and while we have employers like you who openly and brazenly declare to brake the law, then Unions becomes a necessity, and long may they live

If an employer provides a caring, fair environment where employees' needs are supported and their conditions and pay are fair - to the point that they feel happy and fulfilled, what would any of them gain by joining a union? I'm sure the union would gain from more subs - after all, the union leaders need their subsidised houses and inflation-busting wage rises just as much as the bankers do.

A low-performing, dysfunctional individual may wish to use a union to hide behind and avoid/delay managerial action. Or, some left-wing fool who thrives on the 1970s shop steward "them'n'us" mentality might just like being awkward to 'them ### in suits'. I have no time for either, so union membership is not something I will tolerate.

So who decides on the fairness of the environment and earnings.If you are the sole arbiter then you are bit of a magician.I think you are scared of someone confronting you,and acting in a cowardly fashion.Its like the teacher who sends out the child who persistently challenges their authority.I think you are the one hiding and sheltering behind your perceived power base.A good employer would engage and transform their dysfunctional staff rather then cajole them into submission.You sound like a cross between Blakey and Mike Baldwin-I'll get you Butler,you wait!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Why would an average employer (or average employees) want dysfunctional staff, still less to engage with and transform them?

The normal workplace isn't a refuge from social services.

And even more worrying, why would an employer employ dysfunctional staff :huh::huh::huh:

People like Conrod are the future. A future where there is no need of unions.

An employer who refuses to recognise fundamental rights of individuals set out here, is in no way the future. No matter how well he claims to treat his employees.

Especially one who avows that he will sack anyone availing themselves of their right... but for some other spurious reason. That is pretty poor form, don't you think?

And even more worrying, why would an employer employ dysfunctional staff :huh::huh::huh:

employers only usually find dysfunctional staff once they are past the probation period, then the barrack room lawyers and union wannabees appear, i know my rights etc etc there is no place for grabbing union members and union leaders in todays global financial situation!

An employer who refuses to recognise fundamental rights of individuals set out here, is in no way the future. No matter how well he claims to treat his employees.

Especially one who avows that he will sack anyone availing themselves of their right... but for some other spurious reason. That is pretty poor form, don't you think?

I bet you're happy to see BNP members "named and shamed" and outed from their employment, wherever it is.

I remember the hoohah in the news about BNP members being teachers a couple of years back - I bet you were one of the voices saying it shouldn't be allowed.

People like Conrod are the future. A future where there is no need of unions.

Many small employers operate successfully using Conrod's approach. A small enterprise is a different kettle of fish to one which employs hundreds or thousands over many locations. Think about that then take the rose tinted glasses off.

If an employer provides a caring, fair environment where employees' needs are supported and their conditions and pay are fair - to the point that they feel happy and fulfilled, what would any of them gain by joining a union?

But how many employers do? I suspect what you call fair is not what I call fair

Archived