Hattersleys on Haden Street

Haydn72

HI FOLKS

My name is Haydn and i live in Preston, but may still have relatives living in/around the Hillsborough area, and i'm after hearing about this area and the peole that lived there, and the kind of industries. But first a bit of background my nana Edna Hattersley was born n lived for a awhile on Haden Street before meeting my grandfather John Arthur Smith. She left Sheffield in 1941 to start a life in Preston. So far i've traced her father George Frederick Hattersley who passed in 1948 and his occupation was a cab driver, his father George Greaves Hattersley who passed in 1908 was a fender/stove grate maker, whose last address was Langsett Road. His father John Hattersley and his father George Hattersley also worked as fender makers with the latter owning his own firm and employing up to 9 men, 2 boys.

If any of these names mean anything to anyone i would love to hear from you.

The Smith line is another story :hihi:

my grandmother was Edna Hattersley, married in 1933, left Sheffield in 1941 she did have quite a few brothers n sisters, most of which ended up in Preston. her father was George Frederick Hattersley, who passed away in 1948, his wife Emily 10 years later.

if u no anymore about the family after that i may be able to help if its the same ones

my best friend is lynette hattersley (23) her brother is leon her dad is called david he was married to fiona hope this is some help if it is i will do what i can to help u trace the background of them

good luck anyhow

Hello Vicky, my nana Edna was born 1907, Mona 1909-1925, Elsie 1910-1987, George 1913, Mabel 1915, Geoffrey 1917-1918, Iris 1920-1988 and Joyce 1924. I would find it very unlikely that friend is one of my Hattersley. But you never know.

• 11 months later...

Hello, trying to trace possible descendants of Charles Stuart Hattersley, he was the brother of my grt grandad George Frederick Hattersley. Charles served in WWI and married a Kate Priest in 1914. He passed away in 1953. Did he have children/grandchildren......??? In 1911 he's listed as living on Langsett Rd

Edited by Haydn72

My Hattersley's are from Sheffield too. Unfortunately Hattersley is a very common Sheffield name - there were 210 Hattersley's born in Sheffield in the 1911 census ! Neither of yours appear in my tree though.

My family tree is a public one on ancestry so you can see it there if you wish.