Hattersleys on Haden Street

Haydn72

Hello, apologies for going down this road again, but you've got to try haven't you.

Looking for possible Hattersley and Smith relatives who may still live in Sheffield.

My grandmother was Edna Hattersley 1907 -1979, she had 5 sisters and 2 brothers :

Mona Hattersley 1909 -1925

Elsie Hattersley 1910 - 1987

George F C F Hattersley 1913 - 1994 ??

Mabel Hattersley 1915 - 1977

Geoffrey Hattersley 1917 - 1918

Iris Hattersley 1920 1988

Joyce Hattersley 1924 -

My grandfather was John Arthur Smith 1905 - 1974, he had 1 sister and 2 brothers :

Harold Smith (Sonny) ?? - ??

Maurice Smith 1909 - 1966

Constance Smith 1913 - ??

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look on Ancestry.co.uk there's always offers for a free 14 day trial. You can contact tree owners, give them your email address in your message and ask them to reply to you on that, as if you don't then have a paid subscription you won't get their replies if it goes through ancestry after your trial has finished.

• 7 months later...

Hi Haydn,

I'm not sure how this helps but George Greaves Hattersley, (the fender and stove grate maker) had 3 sons - Charles Greaves, George Pearson and Fredrick William. They were all three artists and traded in Sheffield as 'Hattersley Brothers'.

Not too sure where George Fredrick fits in. Interesting though as I collect Sheffield Artists

mpd 1375

• 2 months later...
Hi Haydn,

I'm not sure how this helps but George Greaves Hattersley, (the fender and stove grate maker) had 3 sons - Charles Greaves, George Pearson and Fredrick William. They were all three artists and traded in Sheffield as 'Hattersley Brothers'.

Not too sure where George Fredrick fits in. Interesting though as I collect Sheffield Artists

mpd 1375

Hi there, there is a 1881 census that lists George Greaves Hattersley married to a Mary Ann (Capel Darlow). And they have one son at the time George Frederick Hattersley. In a 1891 census George and Mary, now have 2 sons George F and Charles S Hattersley. And in 1901 George and Mary still have their sons living with them. By the 1911 census, George Greaves had died, Charles was living with his mother and George Frederick had married an Emily Merrill, my grt grandparents.

• 3 years later...
Hi there, there is a 1881 census that lists George Greaves Hattersley married to a Mary Ann (Capel Darlow). And they have one son at the time George Frederick Hattersley. In a 1891 census George and Mary, now have 2 sons George F and Charles S Hattersley. And in 1901 George and Mary still have their sons living with them. By the 1911 census, George Greaves had died, Charles was living with his mother and George Frederick had married an Emily Merrill, my grt grandparents.
In 1832there where two brothers John&George they went in seperate ways John is the information is as above.George became a picture fame maker & picture restorer,he married &had 5 children,Charles Greaves,Frederick William,Mary E,George Pearson,&Annie.Frederick&George became artist.Mary married F Constantine there son was George Hamilton Constantine(Artist est)Charles Greaves is my grandfarther.This info on Ancestry.jdhatt71

My grandmother was Edna Hattersley, her parents were George Frederick and Emily Hattersley.

I have a tree on the Ancestry website called Haydn J Williams FAMILY TREE. Not been on for awhile.

Hi Sorry not related very close wrong line.Best of luck with search,Regards .jdhatt71