Do you think having an expensive website is good for a business?

An expensive website can only tell the same story as a cheap website or a DIY website. At the end of the day they're all doing the same job; Telling your potential customers who you are, what your line of work is, your contact details etc...

Our website (http://www.escadon.co.uk) is combined with our domain name, it costs us next to nothing, we pay for it annually. We're happy with it because it does what a website costing hundreds of pounds would do, it helps bring customers to us.

If you're a 'Small Business' every penny counts, so it's stupid to go lashing out on an expensive website when a cheap one will do the trick just as well.

Do you know, I like this page, you couldn't get any simpler and does what it needs to, but you can't email your company?

You should enable PM'ing in here :)

An expensive website can only tell the same story as a cheap website or a DIY website. At the end of the day they're all doing the same job; Telling your potential customers who you are, what your line of work is, your contact details etc...

Our website (http://www.escadon.co.uk) is combined with our domain name, it costs us next to nothing, we pay for it annually. We're happy with it because it does what a website costing hundreds of pounds would do, it helps bring customers to us.

If you're a 'Small Business' every penny counts, so it's stupid to go lashing out on an expensive website when a cheap one will do the trick just as well.

No offence but a website is often a businesses first impression for potential customers.

If your website doesn't look professional and work in an efficient manner then that says alot about the business imo.

You could have got a well made, one page static site built fairly cheaply that would look much better than the one you currently have.

I agree with SpeedwayDan - your web page is the face of your business and it must be professionally done. And technically, and design-wise.

Also if you are e-tailer, your payment facilities must be original, even if you use PayPal package (what I won't advise from brand creation point of view), change colours and type-settings.

Do you know, I like this page, you couldn't get any simpler and does what it needs to, but you can't email your company?

You should enable PM'ing in here :)

Re-read that post. It doesn't do what it needs to, you can't even email them. It has less information on it than a typical business card.

Archived