Who made your suits in the 60s

old tup

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

I was in Ashley's class at school , he was always a well dressed lad . Miss him sitting in the shop chowing the rag , like Slinney he remembers every detail of our early days , They tell me things I forgot about a long time ago .

He spends a lot of his time in his place at Bergau in Portugal and goes in my Pal's bar there.

I haven't seen him since Corona started, before that he was over for Jevvy's Birthday do with his Son.

Hi George do you remember the tailor one of the lads brought in the red lion  .name Mervin Taylor  I had two suits of him  not great  think he got ripped of and did not come anymore. Albert fields once told me when he had the talbot pub  that flash guy on the Tv David Dickinson came in selling suit lengths he lost is sun glasses in pub and did not sell any suit lengths  I know one thing Albert would not buy any he only had the very best  very smart man and great guy 

12 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Hi George do you remember the tailor one of the lads brought in the red lion  .name Mervin Taylor  I had two suits of him  not great  think he got ripped of and did not come anymore. Albert fields once told me when he had the talbot pub  that flash guy on the Tv David Dickinson came in selling suit lengths he lost is sun glasses in pub and did not sell any suit lengths  I know one thing Albert would not buy any he only had the very best  very smart man and great guy 

If its the same bloke he came from Leeds , I had a suite of him around 1971 it was fawn like a cavalry twill  , one fitting in Leeds , crap suite gave it my old Pa who wore it all the time .

When I see those suites the David Bowie wore and where considered the hight of fashion it makes me laugh , we wore them years before in Sheffield . Red and Black checked , no collar and so on .

Yes I do remember Spencer’s in wicker had a black jacket with white flex in it in teddy boy days you had a maroon suit from him I got one from l black Norfolk row also maroon yours was much better than mine I think jimmy bradshaw had one from Spencer’s also 

6 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Yes I do remember Spencer’s in wicker had a black jacket with white flex in it in teddy boy days you had a maroon suit from him I got one from l black Norfolk row also maroon yours was much better than mine I think jimmy bradshaw had one from Spencer’s also 

yep I remember that suit it had black and maroon pattern ,it was a loose comfortable suite , West Indian style with waistcoat .One of the best I ever had and half the cost of one from Barney Goodman , 

Hi spencer in wicker opened a shop years after is shop closed in wicker.  they called it Simons just below gambling club at gray stones. A old friend called ray chisel  went to him ray was very smart . I went had two suits and  top coat  made still got one gave top coat to my son it closed. Way back 

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 14:57, Slinny said:

Hi spencer in wicker opened a shop years after is shop closed in wicker.  they called it Simons just below gambling club at gray stones. A old friend called ray chisel  went to him ray was very smart . I went had two suits and  top coat  made still got one gave top coat to my son it closed. Way back 

Hi again can anyone tell me where I can get a. Good  suit made as Sheffield as no one now.I have three lengths off cloth all good stuff  I will travel in Yorkshire if I can find a good one not a middle man  thank you, ps one who knows how to put canvas in front off jackets 

3 hours ago, Slinny said:

Hi again can anyone tell me where I can get a. Good  suit made as Sheffield as no one now.I have three lengths off cloth all good stuff  I will travel in Yorkshire if I can find a good one not a middle man  thank you, ps one who knows how to put canvas in front off jackets 

try Manoj at 480 Glossop road , tel 01143275129 . has good reviews G