we can have the ceremony and

reception?

secondly I am really tiny just 5

feet 1 so cant have a meringue

like dress that will swamp me

any suggestions would be greatly

appreciated

thank you

I have a MIL like that, wanting to invite family not seen in decades, trying to control hairstyles etc ... I just remained firm but polite and gently kept reminding her that it's our wedding and we'll have it how we want it.

Not saying that we haven't conceded on some small things to help keep the peace, but I think giving them small "victories" helps appease them ;)

You can get complete packages in hotels and stuff, you can even get groupon vouchers for them, A friend of mine had one and I seen it as a "package wedding," like a package holiday in Benidorm!! haha, but it was lovely!

There's was a budget last minute wedding though, so it was perfect for them, some people prefer to have a lot more involvement in planning and arrangements though, so might not be your cup of tea.

Attend a wedding fair too! They give you loads of advice and are a bit more practical than magazines, as I think some exhibitors let you make bookings there and then, or atleast talk about quotes etc.

Attend a wedding fair too! They give you loads of advice and are a bit more practical than magazines, as I think some exhibitors let you make bookings there and then, or atleast talk about quotes etc.

Wedding fayres are great - we got our cake, table decorations and a good few other bits that way. Seeing as these people are providing services for the biggest day of your life (or one of the biggest), I thought it important to meet with them and be able to talk to them face to face.

Wedding fayres are great - we got our cake, table decorations and a good few other bits that way. Seeing as these people are providing services for the biggest day of your life (or one of the biggest), I thought it important to meet with them and be able to talk to them face to face.

a wedding fayre sounds like a good idea thank you Moosey how do I find out if one is coming up and where are they held?

You can get complete packages in hotels and stuff, you can even get groupon vouchers for them, A friend of mine had one and I seen it as a "package wedding," like a package holiday in Benidorm!! haha, but it was lovely!

There's was a budget last minute wedding though, so it was perfect for them, some people prefer to have a lot more involvement in planning and arrangements though, so might not be your cup of tea.

I think you are right Revels they are not my cup of tea I want to be involved whereas a package wedding sounds like the sort of service my mother and mother in law would provide lol

a wedding fayre sounds like a good idea thank you Moosey how do I find out if one is coming up and where are they held?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=685093

This thread is updated fairly often, but if you check any of the big hotels they'll have them on their website.

Whirlowbrook hall has one on the 23rd October I think it is, and also on the 6th November.

Try these hotels:-

Park Inn, Rotherham

Tankersley Manor

Whirlowbrook Hall

Ponds Forge (not a hotel I know, but they have weddings and fayres)

Kenwood Hall

Elsecar Heritage Centre

Sheffield Park Hotel (I think it's called - on Norton)

And lots more - basically, all the big hotels - check their websites, and they should feature them. You don't have to use that hotel for the wedding, but you might just find the supplier you've been looking for, or something you hadn't even thought of. We ended up choosing balloons inside balloons as our table centrepieces (it was amazing) as we saw them at a fayre at the Kenwood.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=685093

This thread is updated fairly often, but if you check any of the big hotels they'll have them on their website.

Whirlowbrook hall has one on the 23rd October I think it is, and also on the 6th November.

Try these hotels:-

Park Inn, Rotherham

Tankersley Manor

Whirlowbrook Hall

Ponds Forge (not a hotel I know, but they have weddings and fayres)

Kenwood Hall

Elsecar Heritage Centre

Sheffield Park Hotel (I think it's called - on Norton)

And lots more - basically, all the big hotels - check their websites, and they should feature them. You don't have to use that hotel for the wedding, but you might just find the supplier you've been looking for, or something you hadn't even thought of. We ended up choosing balloons inside balloons as our table centrepieces (it was amazing) as we saw them at a fayre at the Kenwood.

thank you Moosey will check it out :)

I need help with planning my

wedding as my mother and mother in law will take over and I dont

want that

firstly where is a good place that

we can have the ceremony and

reception?

secondly I am really tiny just 5

feet 1 so cant have a meringue

like dress that will swamp me

any suggestions would be greatly

appreciated

thank you

you could try the old rectory at handsworth they do the ceremony & reception.

http://www.orh.org.uk/

Archived