Bring back proper apprenticeships and get youth working

When I an apprentice i worked for a minimum wage it wasn't fantastic but that was the rate and you got all the **** jobs that went with it until you completed your apprenticeship, THEN you went on to the same rate as other qualified people .There is nothing wrong with minimum wage it's there so that even unqualified people get a fair wage .If they want more, either work more hours or GET proper training and qualifications ,the trouble is a lot of people want the money DON'T want the work.I think what i'm saying they should get of there ARSE stop moaning, and do something about it.

There's a lot of jobs out there which are hard work from start to finish which only pay the national minimum, there is no scope to go on later to a higher wage other than the few pennies they deem to increase the NMW by.

A lot of charity based employment will only pay national minimum and whilst I agree that there is nothing wrong with starting at the bottom and working up to a higher wage, this ethos comes from a time when the cost of living wasn't so ridiculously high as to make a low wage laughable if a person is supposed to live on it.

Archived