How do I convince my boyfriend that he should learn to drive?

You could try to encourage him to drive pointing out all the positives but it really is up to him whether or not he wishes to learn to drive. Have you actually asked him why he doesn't want to learn to drive?

Some people can get quite anxious just at the thought of having to drive a car and decide that it really isn't for them.

Try and find out why he is so reluctant to drive before trying to convince him that he should.

I dont see what the issue is with him not driving.

My brother is older than me and has always said he is not interested in driving - as public transport is decent enough and he tend to walk places.

I am currently learning to drive and at £22 a lesson (1hour) its not cheap and if you go with big companies like BSM/AA its about £30 an hour!

If you feel he is taking advantage of you being a driver and constantly wanting lifts etc tell him no or make sure he contributes to the petrol. My B/F does drive me about when he can and he knows I appreciate him taking me shopping/work etc but I do contribute to the petrol so its fair x

I suppose looking back on my OP it was more of a rant then anything else really cos he honestly does not take advantage he uses his 2 feet and heartbeat to get to work,pub etc but we drive to do our shop as we do live together I just thought it would benefit him but I was wrong as it is quite expensive to learn how to drive and at the moment the money could be better spent elsewhere

cheers for your replies they have helped me see things differently

i've been driving 35 years now,and honestly if i had to start again i wouldn't bother,roads these days are crowded ill maintained and the cost of running a car is extortionate,if i didn't need mine for work i wouldn't have one so if he can do without i wouldn't encourage him to drive,just my two pence worth....

Archived