Apparently 95% of parents have a favourite child

I've read an article that says 95% of parents favour one of their children and that the other 5% who say they don't are lying. I don't have any children myself but i'm sure most people with siblings can remember growing up and thinking your brother/sister was the favourite.

So parents do you have a favourite child and would you openly admit this?

Sometimes I liked one of my children better than the other when they were growing up, but it wasn't always the same one!

I love my daughter and my son in equal measures.

And, as an only child myself, I was always my parents' favourite child. ;)

There was 4 of us, 2 girls and 2 boys. Mum always favoured my sister, dad always favoured my younger brother, (my older brother stayed at grandads alot so wasnt around much in my younger years) I was the one who got the blame for everything, got punished for fights which they might have started or if something went wrong with anything. As we got older and went into our 20's, I became the favourite of both my parents, because my siblings were spoiled, they grew into adult life as spoilt people who were selfish to the core. I on the other hand turned into someone caring, generous and always had time to sit and listen when my parents had anything they wished to confide to me. I would give them my last penny if they needed it, which sometimes they did and never ask for a penny back, just how it should be in my book.

I have a daughter, so dont need to share my love out :)

There was 4 of us, 2 girls and 2 boys. Mum always favoured my sister, dad always favoured my younger brother, (my older brother stayed at grandads alot so wasnt around much in my younger years) I was the one who got the blame for everything, got punished for fights which they might have started or if something went wrong with anything. As we got older and went into our 20's, I became the favourite of both my parents, because my siblings were spoiled, they grew into adult life as spoilt people who were selfish to the core. I on the other hand turned into someone caring, generous and always had time to sit and listen when my parents had anything they wished to confide to me. I would give them my last penny if they needed it, which sometimes they did and never ask for a penny back, just how it should be in my book.

I have a daughter, so dont need to share my love out :)

Makes me giggle how everyone seems to be the one who wasn't in favour. Wouldn't be quite as dramatic if we all said we were the favourite though would it? ;)

Archived