Is there any decent ale to be had on London Road?

taxman

i would recommend the devonshire cat, it has real ales from accross the globe. prices vary and it isnt full of idiots.

theres also the fat cat in kellham island, they have local brewed cider and ale. i had a few pints of cider from leeds and oh dear i was drunk lol, in fact a few pubs there are great as theyre hid away from the usuals

Kelham Island is a bit out of the way ;)

The Dev Cat is a possibility I'd forgotten about. I'm not a big fan because I find the place soul-less and the acoustics in there mean everyone ends up shouting. But it might be OK early evening. I might also check out Delaney's (or whatever it's calling itself this week) behind Waitrose.

I was in Delaney's a few weeks ago. I really liked it.

I can't drink beer though, so I can't comment on that.

The cider was nice.

The beer was good when I went last. It was either Bradfield or Thornbridge. Or maybe both. Maybe I had too much :confused:

The beer was good when I went last. It was either Bradfield or Thornbridge. Or maybe both. Maybe I had too much :confused:

Can you have too much beer?

If you're looking for a good Ale mate. May i recommend that place on Archer Road. Just at the corner before you turn right to head in the Sainsbury direct. That lad at the corner has some alright Ales, not bad if you're thinking about have a booze in on a friday night...

delaney's (ex-dulo, behind the firework shop) i think do a nice enough pint - i popped in back in mid August and remember it being pleasant, though wasn't in for all that long

probably a better bet than some of the others though

very expensive though, cost me £5.60 for a pint and a half of bitter the other week.

Archived