New relationships and 'noseying into the past'?

What are the social rules on total honesty in new relationships?

Total honesty 100% no matter what? Or what is only directly related to you and not your ex partner's past?

And if it is the latter, have partner's the right to sulk like adolescents if you refuse to go into your ex's past?

That would depend on what aspects of your ex's past are being questioned; some of them, naturally, affect or have affected your life and so your new partner may have good reason to want details. Others will be irrelevant, and an intrusion on your ex's privacy if you were to share them.

Always be honest, but be prepared to say to your partner that there are some things your ex has a right to expect not to be broadcast around. Only you can judge whether your new partner's interest is justified, or merely nosiness.

why upset them? does my new girlfriend really want to know about that time I got drunk and went twos up on a girl in a gimp costuime?

It's wierd, its kind of yoou want to know but at the saemt time you dont. it just ends up getting uyou upset over something that you shouldn;t have asked about.

We both have a past. There's no way that we could have got to our age in life without having had relationships (and somehow thinking that someone could have got to their 40s without having had relationships is even more weird!) but we are together by choice now.

What is the point in being jealous or threatened by something that happened in the past?

We are both happy to discuss things which are relevant and we've had to go through all of our significant relationships because of applying to foster, but neither of us really has anything to hide because neither of us feels threatened by anything that we could disclose.

I find that girls are too nosy and want to know everything, when not everything is their damned business, and vice versa for guys in relationships?

I agree. I have asked women if they have had better than me in the past and in the main they have said no, in fact only two women have ever said they have had better and I have dumped them for lying. A relationship built upon lies has no future.

i agree. I have asked women if they have had better than me in the past and in the main they have said no, in fact only two women have ever said they have had better and i have dumped them for lying. A relationship built upon lies has no future.

l a d :D:d

Archived