Help before i have to call a plumber

im just wondering if anyone knows what i can do before having to phone a plumber for something i could have done myself

my problem is my downstairs radiators work fine and get very hot, but my upstairs ones dont, they start to heat the bottoms of the radiators, but thats it, i have bleed them until the hissing stops, and in some cases till water does come out, other times ive been sat for ages and ages and nothing happening, i now have had to turn all radiators off upstairs at the tempature nob so not to blow the whole system, the other sides of the radiators i cannot move at all.

any help would be great,

ive tried getting someone that we know, but he's not answering, and its been weeks now. We also wanted an new sink unit fitting so it was worth while him coming

I used to get trapped air in my downstairs radiator, I dont know if this will help but i was once told to do this - turn off all radiators down stairs, turn thermostate up so your boiler stops on, it will only heat your upstairs radiators, this might flust the trapped air to the highest radiator, mine is the bathroom one, then see if you can bleed that one while your boiler is still on to clear any trapped air, but be careful the water coming out will be very hot.

i wouldnt mind paying someone that knows what they are doing, if they reasonably priced, but everything seems so god dam so expensive

ive also said to make the job come out for ive got

a bath that needs releveling and sealing

radiators need seeing to

a new kitchen sink unit needs fitting

and my daughter ceiling light needs moving

so it's not jus a quick job is it.

right im gonna try and turn off my downstairs rads, turn on my top ones and see what happens. fingers crossed:thumbsup:

I hope it does work I dont think I have missed anything out! lol. its all about getting the water only circulating through few pipes to flush the air out, if it does work only turn one radiator down stairs on at a time, wait until it has warmed up before turning another one on.

Fingers crosses too. :)

Archived