School trips and sleeping arrangements

Im not sure id be happy about it unless id been told before hand. Obviously you werent and so id be pursuing reimbursment of part of the cost.

200 quid for 4 nights is a lot for a kiddie but a real pee take when you consider they were made to share.

Totaly agree going to see if i can speak to someone on Monday

My child has recently returned home from a school trip and advised me that the whole class has had to share BEDS.

Although they are of the same sex i feel that this was inapropriate due to the fact that no one parent was made aware.

Am i over reacting?

Does any one know if there are any regulations regarding this?

Yep , you are completly overreacting and making an issue out of nothing.

Yep , you are completly overreacting and making an issue out of nothing.

Correct.

I think the OP needs to get over herself (or himself)

I remember having to do this on a school trip when I was about that age. It wasn't a problem. When you are that age a double bed is so large you could probably get 3 lads in at once.

I bet everyone's great grandparents would think this was practically normal. It is only in this contemporary molly coddled society where anyone woud even mention this as a problem.

Nothing wrong with sharing a bed at all, at that age sleeping away from home is an adeventure, and sharing makes it even more so, lots of giggles i imagine, as all school trips I had, and my children going on school trips.

This is why its PC gone mad, and why children don't have fun anymore.

Nothing wrong with sharing a bed at all, at that age sleeping away from home is an adeventure, and sharing makes it even more so, lots of giggles i imagine, as all school trips I had, and my children going on school trips.

This is why its PC gone mad, and why children don't have fun anymore.

Spot on , couldnt agree more. I remember my childhood( albeit a long time ago:hihi:), and when i slept at my friends house we always shared a single bed ,or made a makeshift "den" in his bedroom and shared a small bed. It all part of growing up ,and as you rightly say , its an adventure . Parents these days really need to step back ,and let kids be kids , let them play out and fall over and cut their knees , let them grow up normally instead of seeing everything and everyone as a potentiol threat to their kids.

hi..are you really sure they had to share beds and not just bed rooms or floor space ?.. you need to check with the school as this is totally unacceptable and not the sort of thing i would expect from a school trip. You're not over reacting it is unacceptable i wouldn't be happy. Kids need their own space even at nite. x

ooh by the way i do think its alright at sleep overs and relations houses etc.. but the school trip is different and if the school didn't have adequate space for the kids to sleep separately in shared rooms but individual beds then i don't think the trip was organised well enough. Ofsted would not approve it!

Archived